Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CCI Histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCI Histogram

Hello, I am using a regular CCI Histogram indicator and I am hoping to change it so that my new indicator would look like the attached picture. I would like the the histogram bars to paint a different color when in the overbought/oversold zone. Can anyone help me with it?
    Attached Files

Hello domiso,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

While our ninja script support team cannot create items for you I could suggest what would be needed to accomplish the graphics you put in the image. If you would like to try and duplicate modify the CCI to include regions you certainly can with the tools in the platform. If you happen to try and get stuck along the way our support forum is generally helpful in providing assistance or learning material.

The NinjaScript equivalent to what you see in the image would be a Region, you can find an example of the syntax here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...sub=drawregion

A region can either draw between two Plots or between a Plot and a Price. In this case, because there are multiple levels you would likely need to use the CCI's plot as the DataSeries and the double value would be the value of the level. You could then duplicate this logic and assign different values for each level.

If any forum members know of any existing items that do this already with the CCI or would like to help create the item they will surely reply as well.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I have no experience in NinjaScript but I would very much appreciate it if you could help me make changes to the existing indicator to achieve the CCI indicator I am looking for. I have attached the indicator NinjaScript. Please advise what I should change.
      Attached Files

Comment

CCI histogram

Yea, I'd like to be able to do the same thing. If you look into the Woodies CCI, it does color the bars above and below the zero line. However, there are many other things that come with the indicator, and if you are not familiar with the Woodies CCI, it is very confusing. Also, it is proprietary, and the Ninja editor won't bring it up to view the code. Still searching.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NRITV
        by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes