Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of Master Instrument Name

Hi!

I have used the "Import Stock Symbol List" to create Instruments for the OMX Nordic with data from Yahoo. To do this I had to use names like "HM-B.ST" for example. And it worked just fine. Now I want to update the historical data for splits but NT complains at the characters in the instrument name when I tries to save the changes for the split information. It also seem that I can´t change the name on the instrument. What can I do to fix this? Is it possible to change the names directly in the NT database?

Best regards
    /Mats

This is a known issue where stock lists with illegal characters could be imported, but as you've experienced, they can then not be edited. This is being tracked internally as NTEIGHT-10939.

Symbol names cannot be edited once added to the database.

There are two ways to work around this:
    1. Edit your stock list and replace all periods ('.') with underscores ('_'). Delete your database, then reimport the list with the valid characters.
    2. Wait for an upcoming release of NinjaTrader which resovles this issue. Delete your database and reimport your list. An update to the platform will include the automatic replacement of illegal characters in imported stock lists.

I would recommend monitoring the release notes for information on when this is resolved:

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I can use a "_" instead of "." in the names, but I guess that the Yahoo server will complain on this which means that I manually have to change the names for the Yahoo server. Phu.

Comment

I'd like to clarify that I am referring to the master instrument name only. The actual yahoo mapping requires no changes in this scenario.

It is my understanding that automatic split and dividend update service was discontinued by Yahoo. This may be the error you're referring to. You'll need to update this information manually.

Comment

Yes, and that is why I prefer to use the same name as for the Yahoo mapping when importing the instruments through "Import Stock Symbol List". Then the mapping to Yahoo will be correct but I won´t be able to update the split information manually because I´m using forbidden characters for the master instrument name, and therefore not able to edit the instruments. As I understand, there is not possible to change the master instrument name, but is it possible to use some script to update the Yahoo mapping name for the instruments?

Comment

I don't think I follow what you're stating.

The Yahoo symbol mapping requires no changes.

The master instrument name needs to be changed so you can edit these symbols. It is not possible to change the master instrument name once it has been added to the database.

You will need to follow my previous instructions to resolve this.

Comment

Hi Patrick!

I think that you have a tool to fix my problem? #1667049 ATTN PatrickG
              Is it possible for me to try it out?

Best regards
              /Mats

Comment

Originally posted by Mats_N View Post
                Hi Patrick!

I think that you have a tool to fix my problem? #1667049 ATTN PatrickG
                Is it possible for me to try it out?

Best regards
                /Mats
                The ticket number you've provided does not appear to be related to the import symbol scenario being discussed in this thread, however, I have a tool which replaces all '.' with '_' in symbols in your database.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com 1667049 ATTN PatrickG and I will send you this tool.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin