Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting to many demo accounts individually

Dear NT support,
    I need to test fill prices of different demo accounts to get as close to IQFeed fills as possible [in real time trading]. The problem that forces me to do this test is that datafeeds differ a lot and I need to find the one that is as close to your market replaz data as possible. Or if datafeed of a broker would be different then while using IQFeed as primary datafeed we need to find broker, that would give us fill prices as close to what we get on your market replay data as possible.

The situation now is as follows:

Main data feed is IQFeed and I need to find broker that will give me fills as close to your market replay data fill prices (those are the exactly the same as on IQFeed) as possible.

So, I have opened paper trading acounts with brokers providing Trading technologies//Velocity, CQG//AMP, Interactive Brokers and Rithmic (Vision)//Optimus.

Now I connect to IQFeed first and then to mentioned brokerages/datafeeds.

The problem I have now is that NT7 does not offer me those demo accounts when attaching a strategy - I can choose Sim001 or Sim101, one of which I created long time ago and now I do not remember which was default with NT and which I created. Where are hidden all other demo accounts? When I go to options - data - accouhts, I can see them so why are those not visible for selection with strategy?

If you do not know answer to these questions, please advise me how other way I can test fill prices for different datafeeds while based on same data of IQFeed and same time to have comparable data sets. If you do not know even this, please advise me broker, that has fills at prices as (or very close to) on your market replay data. [That would save me time testing different brokers as then I would know, that if I go with that broker x for clearance of trades while my math will be based on IQFeed data (data on which I test and set the model up), then this realtime trade fill prices compared to tested prices on market replay data (or IQfeed as those are the same) will be very near to those of IQFeed with negligible differences.]

Thank you very much
    N.

Problem solved, one must NOT be in Global simulation mode to see all the demo accounts. Then it behaves as expected, as on real account connection(s).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB