Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Two Variable Crossovers: Unique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Kubera2024,

Thanks for replying with that.

Let's stick to looking at this with NinjaTrader 8's charts as that is the best way we can share information with each other as well as other users on the forum.

Originally posted by Kubera2024 View Post
    The green line is the static variable, either from indicator or preset manually by user. Notice the last 3 bars are below the variable but the system still stayed long. And if price escapes the zone, the system will have huge drawdown.
    I do not witness a cross over of the closing price for that interval. I would suggest to use logic in the Strategy Builder that checks if the current price is less than your variable if you would like to see that behavior. Crossing above or below has a different logical concept than simply being greater or less than.

Also, I have updated my previous post with information on the feature request.

Please let me know if I may be of further help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's is the code logic, it uses 'crossover'.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kubera2024,

Thanks for providing me that info.

Your strategy is programmed to EnterLong() in a CrossAbove and EnterShort() in a CrossBelow.

When the opposite Crossover occurs, your position will reverse. For example, EnterLong() will reverse your position from a short position if it is called from a short position. The same would apply for the opposite.

Your strategy is behaving as you have programmed it. It sounds like you are expecting it to perform actions under less or greater than conditions rather than Crossover conditions.

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners. However, we do have an EcoSystem of third party NinjaScript consultants that would be happy to help you develop and debug your strategies for you. If this interests you, please send a message to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text "1676289 ATTN Jim" in the subject of the email and I will have a member of our Business Development team pass over a list of vendors.

Please let me know how we may assist you further.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Barry Milan  
        Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
        2 responses