Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

buy stop limit, sell stop limit chart trading issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy stop limit, sell stop limit chart trading issue...

Hello

I am using 6.5.1000.15 on Vista Home Basic.

I use the Chart Trader. I also have verify order entry on.

I trade the ES on a 5 min and 1 min chart.

Maybe I'm being a dumb user, but I have been burned by this many times.

I know the UI changes the available order types based upon the location of price with reference to the mouse postion when you click the right mouse button.

If market location is above the mouse location when I click the right mouse button, l can initiate a Buy Limit, Sell Stop and Sell Stop Limit...if below a Sell Limit, Buy Stop, Buy Stop Limit.

In a moving market the system will change your order type on you midstream in the order entry process. If you are not paying close attention you can end up with a Sell order instead of a Buy order or visa versa.

I have been able to duplicate this on demand.

To illustrate this initiate a Buy Stop Limit order when the Market price is below the mouse postion (say 1 tick below and in a situation the market may go over this entry location). Then click the Buy Stop Limit Order. This causes the Limit Dialog to display and you need to select the Check or X box to initiate the order. Then because I have validate order entry on I get the "do you want to submit this order" dialog.

If during the time from when I select the menu item from the right mouse click, till the time the order would be placed (before selecting the check box ), the market changes and is now above the mouse location...instead of a Buy order I get a Sell order...

I only see this if I read very closely the validate order entry dialog.

I have done this numerous times and it's repeatable.

I would think it would be forced to remain type of order I iniate even if the market moves.

It would seem that it should not change the order type and complain if one is trying to do a dumb thing, or just fill the order as in my example. But it absolutley should not auto-magically change the order type on me - only I should be able to do that.

-T

Hello tulanch,

I will need to speak with our development team and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for reporting. This issue will be resolved in the next release of NinjaTrader 7.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
      0 responses
      1 view