8.0.5.0 Update changes all chart panel heights in every workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roman_ch, thanks for your reply.

We're currently unable to reproduce, please see the following reply so that we may delve further into this.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
    All, I'm unable to reproduce this on my end.

Everyone who is reporting different panel sizes after restarting, are the panels you have applied have third party or custom add-ons?

Can anyone provide me with their workspace so that I may test the workspace on my end?

To do so, you'll have to write into platform support by navigating to the Control Center > Help > Email Support. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley, and also include this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=97208. Next, expand Other files section, ensuring the option Workspaces files and UI settings is checked and also ensure the Log and trace files option is checked.

I look forward to investigating this further.
    We look forward to being of further assistance.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Riley,

Thanks. My log files and trace files are clean of errors.

Here are some general observations/comments:
      • my guess is that most of the users here do have custom indicators or Add-Ons and
      • reasons why a customer might not wish to share his / her entire workspace are also fairly obvious (I guess this is why you apparently have not received any as of yesterday).

I am also not sure about the direction we are taking for the following reasons:
      • in my case (probably in the case of many other users), the code does not resize chart panels (I am not even aware of the API to do so, is it exposed?); and
      • if panel sizes were working fine in 8.0.5, there should not be any issue in 8.0.5.2

In any case, I tried to create a simple test workspace with as few as possible custom elements and which would have panels re-sized as described. So far I did not succeed, but I have two observations in my case as of now:
      • panels are resized on reconnection (not re-start);
      • deleting all worspaces and re-creating new ones did not resolve the problem.

I'll try to spend more time and if I have any news, I'll shoot a sample workspace to you by email.

Regards,
      Roman

Comment

roman_ch, we very much appreciate your assistance on this.

I look forward to seeing your reply and looking into this further.

Comment

I can confirm Rorman's view as I do have custom indicators and am not particularly keen on sharing them. Additionally I would like to confirm what Roman indicated, that the problem arises on reconnection to the data provider as opposed to start up. One other thing, the problem does not occur on all charts, only some and does not occur on any inactive tabbed charts. For example I have a window with two tabs with the exact same indicators on each, only the active tab (front) experiences the resizing issue.

Comment

Hello all, I have an update.

I reached out to our Quality Assurance team for further clarification and it appears that this is being caused by windows that are linked which is causing the indicator panels to revert to the default size upon connection/startup.

It appears that is going to be hopefully resolved in the next version of NinjaTrader 8.

Thanks everyone for taking the time in testing this and our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Comment

I've also found and confirmed this bug:
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...235#post502235

The version I used is 8.0.5.2 64bit, hoping for a fix in next release

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PhillT
              by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes