Importing multiple symbols with special characters for esignal symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing multiple symbols with special characters for esignal symbols

I am trying to load ASX stocks for use with an eSignal datafeed. From my investigations, eSignal requires the stock symbols in the format sss-ASX or sss|ASX where sss is the actual ASX symbol e.g., CBA-ASX or CBA|ASX.
    I have tried using the Import Stock Symbols utility which fortunately puts the symbol name next to all of the datafeed symbol maps under "misc". Fantastic! Unfortunately the Import Stock Symbols utility rejects special characters such as "-" or "|". Surely there must be a way around this so that you can import symbols which properly map against what datafeeds like eSignal require.
    How can this be done. Is there another format for eSignal stocks that the Import Stock Symbols utility accepts that I am unaware of?

Hello GlennL,

Thank you for your post.

When using the Import Stock Symbols utility there would not be option to do as you wish. This means manually changing each added stocks symbol mapping in the Instrument Manager unfortunately.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the information Patrick.
      Though I don't understand the technology, it would seem that this shortcoming in the utility could be rectified fairly easily by NinjaTrader and make life a lot easier for a lot of people.
      Is there another means by which a batch load of symbols into NinjaTrader can be achieved?
      Is NinjaTrader 8 going to make loading symbols a lot easier?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader 8 will simplify the process in that you can specify a separator character (such as the '|' or '-' in question) when importing stock symbols from a text file.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

You can use this tool: Cool Symbol to choose as many special symbols and characters as you want.

Comment

Other most useful sites for this kind of symbols

hi, You can have many symbols, best is you find fonts for them on many free font sites. but for more quick thing you can find sites for cool text generator. these text generators let you copy good texts instantly. they have decorative texts too. which is nice too.

Comment

You use various symbols on your social media or gaming profile that will boost your engagement & followers. These symbols are 100% compatible with all mobile & desktop applications. Use fancy text generator tool for the same.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielSanMartin