Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Adaption - Small Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Adaption - Small Project!

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone would be able to make this indicator work in NT 7 for me. It was originally in eSignal, I had it converted to NT8 and would love to be able to use it in NT7 as well. Aligator (member) has tried to convert it but has a few errors showing, so it is mostly complete.

I have attached the indicators, both the NT8 one and the NT7 one that has been part converted and is showing errors. I will also attach a screenshot of the indicator working in NT8.

Thank you in advance!

Pete
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

While I would not be able to directly correct/convert the script for you, I have looked it over and can provide details on what I had observed. Currently I see quite a few problems in both the way the file is structured and also the syntax used.

Because you are doing a backwards conversion, there is no guide for this as this was never really intended.

What I could suggest for this item would be to work one line at a time starting in a brand new indicator that has the correct file structure for NT7. Right now there are extra braces throughout the file causing the structure to be incorrect, this will cause additional compile errors in addition to the important ones which would likely be confusing.

Additionally there is a lot of NT8 syntax remaining in the nt7 script you have provided. I could suggest rather than directly copying and pasting the syntax, to work one line at a time and try to compile after each line. If some syntax is not understood and you get an error, you would need to reference the help guide to try and work out what the old usage was. To do this you could actually use the NT8 help guide code breaking changes page. For example one item I see would be:

Calculate = Calculate.OnBarClose;

To locate the NT7 syntax, you could search for "Calculate" on the code breaking changes page and get the following result:

Category Base NT7 Method/Property NT8 Method/Property
    Implementation General CalculateOnBarClose Calculate

In this case, you could then look in the NT7 help guide for CalculateOnBarClose to see its usage in NT7.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Jesse,

Thanks for the information.

However, I am not familiar with Ninjascript at all, so I wouldn't be able to undertake the steps you suggest by my self.

Do you know anyone there at NinjaTrader that would like to give it a go?

I would be hugely grateful! Could I post it elsewhere in the forum to have it seen by others that may want to give it a shot?

If it helps I also have the original indicator for the eSignal version.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I have moved this post into the development forums, in the case one of the community members would like to convert this item they could post here.

In the case you would like this converted for you, I could have our Business Development department reach out to provide further resources. Unfortunately our NinjaScript support is unable to directly convert or debug scripts so this would be outside of what our support could offer.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thanks again.

Yes that would be helpful, if I could receive some information on having the conversion done. I originally had it made from eSignal, which wasn't hugely expensive. I have contacted the vendor that did this for me but have not received a response yet. (Quantmotion).

If Ninjatrader Business Development could help me with this I would appreciate it. As I said before, I don't think it a huge project, especially now I have had the indicator made to work in NT8.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Pete,

You can search our extensive library of 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants through the link below:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

Once you have identified your vendors of choice, please visit each 3rd party site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

Have a great day!

Jared

Disclaimer
            This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Jared M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I don't suppose you know any members that would be willing to have a go for free? As I don't think it is a hugely involved task for someone that knows what they're doing.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Pete Collins,

Any user on the forums here is free to offer assistance to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023