Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tweeking the ToolBar Shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweeking the ToolBar Shortcut

Hello,
    I got this indicator on the support forum a while back. I don't see it there now so I'm including it for examination.
    I would like to add an additional line button to the tool bar. There is a string array that adds the different lines in the variable section.
    string[] strLines = {"btnmnuRuler", "btnmnuLine", "btnmnuRay", "btnmnuExtendedLine", "btnmnuArrowLine", "btnmnuHorizontalLine", "btnmnuVerticalLine" };
    I would like to add an additional "btnmnuLine" with a different default color. Unfortunately just adding another "btnmnuLine" is the same as the first. Is there a way to add a second line that would include different defaults?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello CaptainAmeriaXX,

Thanks for writing in to our support forums.

The task you are trying to accomplish is undocumented and there is very little support I may provide you on this matter.

I can suggest however, that in order to create an additional button, you must first make that button unique to the first line button. After you have made the button unique, you will be able to differentiate when a drawing object is drawn with this "Alternate Color Drawing Object." After the drawing object is created, you will be able to loop through your created drawing objects, identify the drawing objects that were created with the other button, then you will be able to change the color of the newly created drawing object.

A drawing object toolbar was created for NinjaTrader 8 that has this functionality. You may find it below:

If you require further assistance developing this indicator, please let me know and I may refer you to our Buisness Development team to get you connected with a 3rd party vendor who offers NinjaScript consulting services.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post drewski1980  
    Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes