Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question on Scrolling and Indicator updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Scrolling and Indicator updating

I am attempting to modify an indicator that updates some High and Low points on a chart.
    I noticed some interesting behavior in the indicator. It updates the highs and lows ( DrawText labels) as you scroll the chart and re positions them as you scroll. So the calculation and display are dynamic and keep the calculations in Sync with the last bar on the chart. In other words if you scroll backwards they reverse/undo themselves. I can see that the underlying calculations are all stored in custom data series, but the Labeled highs and lows that migrate are stored in a list which has only 1 value for each High or low and it only adds an element when its done migrating so I don't understand how they can undo themselves in an orderly fashion. Is there any examples of producing this type of display that you can point me to that might offer some explanation.

Thanks
    Jerry

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Without seeing the syntax that was used I could only speculate, potentially the Plot override is being used for logic. The Plot override would allow you to do logic for only the visible bars on the chart, this could be one way of accomplishing what you had explained.

This could potentially be using other logic as well, the best solution would be to just look at the source code of that item if possible, if this is a free or public item please feel free to post it so we could gather further details. If this is not a free item, you may need to contact the source to see if they can explain what logic was used.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Sparkyboy  
    Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
    21 responses
    0 likes