• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.5.2 Bug with Strategy Analyzer

My setup consists of creating a symlink in both:

/bin/Custom/Indicators
    /bin/Custom/Strategies

To a folder in one drive where I have these files shared to other devices. I just had to downgrade to NT 8.0.4 as in 8.0.5.2 if you attempt to select one of the strategies within the strategy analyzer window it blanks out for a second then goes to a default strategy outside of the symlink folder.

Not sure this makes sense but for some reason accessing a strategy through a symlink in the strategy anaylzer is problematic.

I can compile the strategy in the Ninjascript Editor but not test it in 8.0.5.2

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding the analyzer, are you seeing any errors in the control center log tab when trying to open the strategies? Have you also tried creating a new strategy with no extra logic and a standard namespace to see if you get the same result?

Have you also tested while not using symlinks? Unfortunately, I couldn't provide any help on this subject as we would not suggest using symlinks and we specifically advise against using one drive or other backup software while using NinjaTrader for file access reasons. One of these items could certainly play a role in the result you are having. I could suggest to try and remove the symlinks/onedrive setup and re-test the situation using a standard installation to see if this persists. This type of test would allow you to remove some variables to find a more direct cause.

The platform does include a backup/restore feature in case changing the symlinks resolves the problem, we would always suggest using this tool opposed to other third party applications such as onedrive.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kujista
    by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses