BUGS: PATS Disconnected and Ninjatrader K.O. + NOT updating charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGS: PATS Disconnected and Ninjatrader K.O. + NOT updating charts

1) Today pats had some problems with RCG and prices, various alerts were notified by NT.

at 16:23 GMT+1 it disconnected and NEVER TRIED TO RECONNECT (status bottom bar was blank, not orange with "reconnecting in it").

I had to restart NT to make it connect: how is it possible?

If someone hadn't told me i would have had high risk of BIG LOSSES due to an NT technical problem.

In trace you can read (Panic). Hell, sure i panicked
    Fix it in v7 please

Code:
    2008-10-06 16.23.33.568 (xxxxxxxxx) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEventArgs Disconnected Disconnected Panic You must restart NinjaTrader in order to re-connect to a Patsystems based account.
    2008-10-06 16.23.33.568 ERROR: xxxxxxxxx: You must restart NinjaTrader in order to re-connect to a Patsystems based account.(Panic)
    2) NT still DOES not update charts with open positions after restart.
    Will it ever be fixed (i already posted that....)?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.)
    We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    I will also forward your concern about having to restart NinjaTrader after a lost PatSystems connection to development.

2.) Are you using custom NinjaScript strategies, ATM strategies, or no strategy to enter your position?
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, quick reply:

1)It was a pats reset as also my tradebullet went dead.
      So you could:
      a) Make NT able to auto restart after pats reset (be sure not to restart too soon else you will have a "user already logged in" error).
      b) add auto connection on startup (and i expect noothing less from NT7....).
      c) Add a Scheduled auto connect / disconnect, to avoid manually restarting NT each day after pats reset and 30 minutes downtime

2) This time it was a basic entry order. Same problem also with strategies.
      "Positions" tab in NT is still updated with realtime profit/loss, only chart is stuck at last quit time. Geez, i requested my broker to open another account only for data feed else i can't use NT any more (and i have lifetime license....)
      Last edited by skynetman; 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hello,

1.) I know some of these items are already on the list of future considerations, but I will forward to development.

2.) What do you mean by, "chart is stuck at last quit time?"
        Do you mean the chart bars are not updating?

I just attempted a trade through the chart trader and closed NinjaTrader with the open position as well as pending orders. Both reapeared after reopening NT.

Please explain so I can further assist.

Thank you.

Comment

Thx RJStein, i already posted the problem in April and May (look here
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=6574 and here:
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=7758 )

2 images explain all:

Here an old image of market analyzer not being updated:

and here the chart stuck at 17:23 p.m. of today:

The problem happens when you restart NT after having opened a position (usually you see it the next day, after pats reset and NT restart).

All other charts without open positions are ok, "positions" tab still is updated with profit/loss in real time (even if after restart it gives wrong values), market data is received (see other thread links, i checked the trace), but NT refuses to show them...

I'm running vista64 Sp1 with all updates on an athlon64 X2.
          I can run a debug version to help you track down the bug, and i have visual studio 2008 in case it helps....
          I really hope you can help me (and other with same problem!).

Thx
          Last edited by skynetman; 10-06-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately I can only reiterate what NinjaTraderDierk states in your previous thread to wait for NT 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              167 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes