Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End-of-Day Scan Help

Hi Ninjatrader,

Just wondering if you could please help me on something.

I am currently using the free edition of Ninjatrader to work around it etc, and have so far successfully gotten my way around the Strategy Builder etc to use backtesting and charting. I've gotten into the script so am familiar with working my way around the language for now.

I have had a go at running the Market Analyzer using Yahoo data - as the ETFs that I monitor aren't included in Kinetic free End-of-Day data. Further, I clear through Interactive Brokers. I've been successful in pulling prices and coloring cells in the Market Analyzer.

My question is:

a) Is there a way for me to run Market Analyzer on free Yahoo data (or Kinetick for that matter) as an End-of-day scan for US stocks/ETFs? I do not require real-time scanning for this.

b) My intentions are to scan using a moving average crossover. I would like to use Market Analyzer to alert/email when any securities on my watchlist has an MA crossover

c) If I plan on using the Market Analyzer for real-time FX scanning, will I need to purchase/lease Ninjatrader and real time data or will I be able to use real-time Interactive Brokers data for this? Again I intend on using Market Analyzer to alert me of an MA crossover.

I have read through all the threads relating to this matter and still I haven't been able to work it out for myself.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    peteyjones

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

a & b) Most Market Analyzer columns would display changes in data only. Since a EOD feed updates only once per day NinjaTrader would need to be running and connected at the time of the update for a value to appear in the window.

c ) A real-time data source is highly recommended with this window. Your Interactive Brokers is something which you should be able to use however. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ninjatrader_Kyle.

I am actually having difficulty connecting Interactive Brokers to Ninjatraders now. When I open Ninjatraders it asks me to log in to IB, which I do. IB opens and then closes. Then, I try to open IB first and NT second to no avail.

I followed instructions as per your link so I'm not sure what is happening. NT connects to Kinetick fine. I restarted my CPU and tried again and it still isn't working.

Can you assist me?

Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)
        Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

Comment

I'm using NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.22 and IB TWS Build 944.3c, Apr 29 2014

Comment

Hello,

Please shut down NinjaTrader then update to the current 7.0.1000.25 release of NinjaTrader via this link: http://ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Do you encounter the same issue after updating?

Comment

Just updated and it's saying Login TImeout failed.

Comment

Hello peteyjones,

Are you able to reproduce the connection error consistently? Does it make a difference if you reboot your computer?

Can you please check if the TWS API settings are configured as per the screenshot in the IB connection guide.

Do you have 'Auto logon' enabled or disabled in the IB connection settings in NinjaTrader?
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Yes the IB is configured as is!

Comment

Hello Petey,

Can you do the following and let us know if this corrects your issue:
                    - Uninstall TWS
                    - Remove your IB account connection in NT
                    - Exit and restart NT
                    - Reinstall TWS 944.3 from our website here:

- Recreate your IB account connection by following the instructions from the same page in the link above
                    - Connect
                    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tim-c
                    by Tim-c