AddChartIndicator() Issue with Panels and IsOverlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddChartIndicator() Issue with Panels and IsOverlay

I'm having an issue with AddChartIndicator() within a strategy. Let's say I have two indicators - an RSI and SMA within this strategy.

The SMA should be IsOverlay = true (to be plotted on price panel), whereas the RSI should be IsOverlay = false (to be plotted on a separate panel). In NT7 I used to be able to add both these indicators to a strategy using Add() and have SMA appear on the price panel, and the RSI on a separate panel.

In NT8 however, I have added both these indicators to my strategy using AddChartIndicator() and the behaviour is not as I would expect.

Within Strategy Analyzer when backtesting, the chart looks great with RSI being plotted separately. However when I create a new chart, and add the strategy to it to run, it doesn't plot RSI separately (instead plotting it on the price panel) and treats it as if it were an IsOverlay = true indicator. This occurs regardless of whether I enable the strategy from the grid, or from the chart.

Finally, if I use ChartIndicators[].Panel = 1 to attempt to move it to a separate panel, it disappears completely.

Thanks for the report - this was previously reported and should be fixed in B2 under NTEIGHT-8146
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NRITV
    by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    7 responses