Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I access TickSize (or equivalent) from strategy Parameter section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bernie_c View Post
    Before I started this thread I tried accessing Instrument.MasterInstrument. It did not work then and it does not work now.

There is a difference in error profiles from trying to access TickSize and trying to access anything from Instrument.MasterInstrument. When trying to access TickSize exceptions are thrown that appear in the output window and I get the deserialization dialog that I mentioned before. When trying to access anything from Instrument.MasterInstrument I get the deserialization dialog only. The calculation appears to be correct though.

The attached script includes your suggestions and illustrates the error. In order to experience the error, you must try to edit the strategy.
    Why not just use a hidden property to hold the int, and key off it to show the visible property?

Comment

koganam, you read my mind. I currently have an int param for tick_count and a string param for tick_dollars. The tick_dollars param uses tick_count and Instrument.MasterInstrument.PointValue * Instrument.MasterInstrument.TickSize to create visual dollars. No edit of dollars accepted. So, I do not serialize the tick_dollars param ([XmlIgnore]).

This works fine. tick_count is remembered. But, tick_dollars is not updated until the strategy dialog is forced to recalc such as scroll or reopen.

How can I force a single param or the whole strategy dialog to recalc?

Comment

Originally posted by bernie_c View Post
        koganam, you read my mind. I currently have an int param for tick_count and a string param for tick_dollars. The tick_dollars param uses tick_count and Instrument.MasterInstrument.PointValue * Instrument.MasterInstrument.TickSize to create visual dollars. No edit of dollars accepted. So, I do not serialize the tick_dollars param ([XmlIgnore]).

This works fine. tick_count is remembered. But, tick_dollars is not updated until the strategy dialog is forced to recalc such as scroll or reopen.

How can I force a single param or the whole strategy dialog to recalc?
        Apply the [RefreshProperties(RefreshProperties.All)] attribute to the property.

Comment

koganam, Your suggestion of a hidden property to hold ticks_int is much more elegant than my solution. In attempting your solution I ran into a problem.

The user sees this: "10 ticks = $100.00"

To enter a new ticks value, the user selects the whole thing and enters a new tick value. Once entered (tab or return), ticks and dollars are shown as above. All works fine. When stopping and starting strategy the ticks value is remembered just fine.

However, when the strategy is removed and reloaded the last saved (Set Default for <>) ticks value gets replaced by the hardcoded default.

Not sure how to get around this.

The attached script illustrated the problem.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
          1 response
          0 likes