Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

You have custom ninja script files on your pc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have custom ninja script files on your pc...

"You have custom ninja script files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja script achieve file" I tried to follow the instructions posted for this error but a new error says "You cant delete a system indicator". Please advise next steps as I can not import a new indicator.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Can you please check under control center->tools->edit NinjaScript->indicators. Is the Swing listed here?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

No, nothing named "swing"

Comment

Hello,

Please add this file into the folder.

My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->bin->custom->indicators

Then go in an attempt to recompile.

Success or new errors or same errors?

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Attached Files

Comment

That seems to have worked, thank you very much!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

locating which NS files are corrupt

I get the error message (same as below) ABOUT having custom NS files on PC w/ programming errors...how do I locate which ones so I can correct?

Comment

Hello majormongo,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                • Open NinjaTrader
                • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                • Select an indicator and double click on it.
                • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
                To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same problem

Hi.

I also have the same problem. Can you help me take a look pls?

Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are missing the indicator TEMA. Please do the same as you did with SWING.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Kyle, I am receiving a similar Error message when trying to import a ninja script. Only thing is I click Tools from the Control Panel and there is no "Edit Ninja Script" so I cannot follow your above instructions. I'm using Ninja 7.0.1000.8 64bit. Please advice; thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The reason for this is your license key most likely is the free version of NinjaTrader without NinjaScript access.

Please email into support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and include your license key so we can further assist on this to get you up and going.

-Brett

Comment

Impossible to import indicator

Hi

I have the same error message "You have custom ninja script files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja script"

I use a free key of Ninjatrader (@SIM-DRBT-D593-40B1-AE74-C79F-715D-1952)

Anyone could help me please?

thk

Comment

Originally posted by ruliann View Post
                            Hi

I have the same error message "You have custom ninja script files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja script"

I use a free key of Ninjatrader (@SIM-DRBT-D593-40B1-AE74-C79F-715D-1952)

Anyone could help me please?

thk
                            Some of the indicator or strategy files on your PC cannot be compiled, because they either have coding areas or they reference files that are missing on your PC.

You have to find out, which of the files cause the problem.

(1) Case that you have a standard NinjaTrader version:

Edit anyone of the indicators and compile via F5. The error message will name the corrupted files. Delete them from within the editor. If the error messages point to installed assemblies, you need to remove both the assembly files and the references to those assemblies. The assembly files are located in the directory Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom. The reference to the assembly can be removed by right clicking the editor and selecting the last line that appears on the popup menu.

(2) Case that you have a version that does not allow to edit indicators and strategies

Search the log and trace files for error messages. Delete the offending files, which are located in Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicator/Strategy.

Comment

thanks for your suggestion Harry

I m going to try it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM