Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Same Strategy Only Runs on Part of Instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Strategy Only Runs on Part of Instruments

Am developing a script that I would like to use to monitor all FOREX currency pairs. A few questions. As a note, I am running the scripts from the Control Center Startegies Tab.

First, even though I create and start a new strategy for each currency instrument, it only appears that a couple actually run. I am using print functions and only get data in the output window for a couple.

Second, I would like to have the script open a chart when a given set of conditions occur. It appears that you can have a script ADD data to the chart the script is executing on. However, I did not see a solution to open a chart.

Finally, is there a way to save the strategy configuration and reload it when the app resarts?

Thanks, in advance, for your help,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

1) My first guess would be that no data is coming in for the currency pairs that do not give you ouput data. To help isolate the issue, try this. Open a chart for each strategy you wish to run, then run a strategy on each chart *instead* of the Strategies Tab. Does it behave as expected?

2) There is no option to launch a chart when running from the Strategies Tab. If you wish to see a chart, you have to run the strategy in a chart.

3) This is not supported at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

You are correct. I am using the Gain Feed. I can and can see the data in the "standard" Gain application.....

Any thought on why NinjaTrader wouldn't collect the data?

Mark

Comment

NT collects the data but you likely do not have enough historical data in some of the currency pairs to drive your strategy.

Under Tools > Account Connections select your GAIN account and change the Historical Data option to use NinjaTrader servers and see if this makes a difference. GAIN servers only have 24 hours of historical data. Our servers collect and maintain GAIN rate data and the load time is incredibly faster.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Appears to have fixed the problem. Thaks for all the help (and you patience)

Have a good weekend,
          Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses