Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT(7) picks IB TWS 944.3 instead of 960.2g

Hi all.

Just installed Interactive Brokers' TWS version 960.2g, as per recommendations.

(I also copied the "Javaw.exe" file in two locations, as per old post.)

However, when I try to connect to my IB account, NT still tries to launch TWS 944.3 which results in an error message from the IB server (suggesting to install version 960.2).

How can I force NT to launch 960.2g instead of 944.3?

Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your post. In order to ensure that TWS version 960.2g launches, please uninstall version 944.3 using the Windows Control Panel ->Uninstall a Program.

For your reference, I have provided a link to the Interactive Brokers connection guide.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Comment

Hi Micah. Thanks for the response.

I uninstalled TWS 944.3.

That did not work entirely as when I tried to connect to TWS (from NT), I got the message

"Login failed: IB Adapter.StartTws: can't find registry key 'Trader Workstation'".

I then uninstalled TWS 960.2g. Then I re-installed it.

I was able to launch TWS 960.2g directly from the desktop. But if I try to connect to the IB account from within NT, I still get the above error message.

Then, I tried this: 1- Launch TWS from the desktop; 2- Attempt to connect from within NT. This works.

Question: Should I delete my existing "Account connections" and re-create them?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no need to delete and recreate your account connections at this point. With Interactive Brokers connections, we normally recommend to first open TWS (as you have described) and also to not configure the account connection within NinjaTrader to "Connect on startup."

If your IB connection is currently set to Connect on startup, please click Tools>Account Connections, then select your IB connection and click Change. Click Next until you see the option to Connect on startup, uncheck that, and then click Next and Finish.

Regarding any unused or unwanted connections, you can remove them by clicking Tools>Account Connections, then select the unwanted connections and click Remove.

If I may assist further, please let me know.

Comment

OK. Thanks Micah.

None of my connections are setup to "Connect on startup".

I understand that the new way to connect is to first launch TWS from the desktop, then connect from within NT.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rdtdale
          by rdtdale

Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
          0 responses