Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy on one pc executes trade on strategy on another pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy on one pc executes trade on strategy on another pc

Can you guys shed some light on this?

I wrote a strategy that has been working quite well for me and decided to share it with one of my clients. He was running the same strategy in simulation on an azure virtual machine.

I had mine running on my own PC at home on my live account using slightly different settings.

His strategy executed a trade on his simulation account and triggered and order on my live account and the order close out on both PCs by the strategy on his VM.

The only thing in common is the strategy.
    - His VM is in the Azure data center in Sydney Australia, my PC is 1200kms away in Melbourne Australia
    - He was trading his own continuum/cqg account, mine was on my own cqg account.

The only other thing in common was that I had RDPd into his VM to fix something for him at the time of the order.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Hello cnecorp,

To clarify, the issue is that the strategy closed the trade on the machine it is running on (the VM) and should not have, is this correct?

Have you added any prints to the script to see why the exit order was submitted?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello cnecorp,

To clarify, the issue is that the strategy closed the trade on the machine it is running on (the VM) and should not have, is this correct?

Have you added any prints to the script to see why the exit order was submitted?
      Hi Chelsea

I do a logthis in my strategy right after an entershort/enterlong. The transaction appeared on the VM log as well as it drew a vertical line on his chart to show that it had executed and order.

There were no vertical lines on mine nor were there any entries in my logfile, so it appears that the enterlong on his vm also triggered and enterlong on my PC, ditto the exit. It sounds weird but hey I cannot for the life of me see how it can happen.

To reiterate the issue,
      - his machine was running a copy of my strategy with different settings i.e. different signals
      - His version of the strategy executed a long and exited it shortly thereafter.
      - This appeared on his screen as a vertical line and an entry in his transaction log file

My version
      - did not trigger an entry
      - there was no vertical line nor an entry in my log file
      - my account however showed up transaction having been executed i.e. a loss of $75 with almost precise times and entries and exits i.e. it appears that his strategy also executed an entry and exit simultaneously on my PC
      Last edited by cnecorp; 06-13-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hello cnecorp,

To reiterate, the exact issue is that the script is running on two computers with different parameters. The script running on one computer took the same trade as another instance of the script running on another computer and this is unexpected due to the parameters being different. Is my understanding correct?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello cnecorp,

To reiterate, the exact issue is that the script is running on two computers with different parameters. The script running on one computer took the same trade as another instance of the script running on another computer and this is unexpected due to the parameters being different. Is my understanding correct?
          Yes, there should be no reason why a script running on a VM 1200 kms away should execute a trade on a PC running a similar script on a completely different brokerage account. The only "connection" between the two machines was I had RDP'd into the VM to fix some unrelated things for my client and monitor his charts.

Comment

Originally posted by cnecorp View Post
            Yes, there should be no reason why a script running on a VM 1200 kms away should execute a trade on a PC running a similar script on a completely different brokerage account. The only "connection" between the two machines was I had RDP'd into the VM to fix some unrelated things for my client and monitor his charts.

Did your daily account balance change?

Do you get daily brokerage statements?

Could be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              Did your daily account balance change?

Do you get daily brokerage statements?

Could be interesting...
              Yes, it was an actual trade. Thank God it was only -$75.

Anyway, I have moved my own trading onto its own VM. Its another degree of separation.

Its not logical and I suspect that if is not a know issue on your system, we'll never find an answer for it.

I have tried to recreate the issue, this time of course on a SIM account but to no avail.

Comment

Hello cnecorp,

Are you saying the issue is that a different person in a different location has placed a trade on the Sim101 and this caused your computer (in a different location) to place a live trade?

If this is issue you are wanting to report, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may collect your log and trace files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes