Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader DDE Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just do not know how to code it for volume.
    regs

Comment

just modify the code

NinjaServer.ItemValue = e.Price;

to

NinjaServer.ItemValue = (double)e.Volume;

Comment

if I add this in the OnMarketData method :

NinjaServer.ItemValue = (double)e.Volume;

if (e.MarketDataType == MarketDataType.Last)
        {
        if (showlast && server != null) server.Advise(topic,"Volume");
        }

it seemes not to work for volume - only last, bid and ask are transferred

Comment

Is your ddl program also working with the latest ninja Version. I installed it, but I get an error massage that it has programming errors.
          Thanks, Torsten

Comment

hello,
            the indi works fine with the current release of NR.

in win7 there may be issues but its more due to administrative privilege etc. i havent investigated the same in details but overall dde is an obsolate tech and i am looking into rtd, socket etc to replace the same.

regards...

Comment

I'm trying to plot a spread (diff between 2 instruments) and then apply an indicator to it.
              I tried using indicators that will plot the spread (Spread, index, pairs), but run into a problem when I try to add another indicator to the plot. (Charts crash (big red X), indicators or other main symbol plot disappear, etc)
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              So I figured if we get the "spread" to NT as a symbol, applying indicators to it should work just fine.

Excel sheet captures live data from NINJAtrader, performs the calculation, and passes the result back to NT in a form of custom symbol.

I also learned that I can NOT have my live connection (CQG) and "External data" simultaneously.

anyone on this DDE thread can advise on how this may be accomplished?

Thanks

Comment

I realize this is an old thread but I'm also looking to do the same as Alexx. Any progress on the simultaneous connection of CQG and External data?

Comment

Hello,

No change at this time.

I will have you vote also logged into the suggestion system for development.

Thanks for taking the time to post and a wanted feature.

-Brett

Comment

Hi, I know this an old thread, but I am trying to get the DDE connection script (bukkan) to work with Excel 2003.

I installed the DDE script, referenced the 2 DLL's that the script requires, and have the script loaded on a chart. When I tried running =NDDE|GCM17!LAST in an Excel spreadsheet and I get "Cannot run 'NDDE.EXE'. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing."

The NDDE is obviously not the correct program to call. What is the correct program name to referenced in Excel?

Comment

Hi there,
                      I used it with excel 2007 version, too.
                      Tha right call should be =SHEETNAME|CONTRACT!LAST
                      in my file I see each contract on different sheets,
                      I read =YM|YM!LAST, =YM|YM!ASK
                      I' m not able to remember if works with more contracts on the same sheet.
                      It's more than four years ago that used it.
                      To be more clear. if I have a file.xls, I specify a single name for the sheet where i will read the Data charged from NDDE, Loaded from the chart. I use CQG don't know if it is the same with TT and others.
                      In my sheet I don't see reference to the expiry so YM is YM per se without month and year reference.
                      I tried different ways in the past and this was the only one I found out to get it on excel, not investigated more. No longer using it anyway.
                      I use nt7.
                      Give it a try in this way. Let me know.
                      Last edited by aandb; 04-29-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I am able to get =YM|YM!LAST to give me last price, but when I try =GC|GC!LAST, on a spreadsheet named GC, I receive a #REF error. The help file says, "Linking to a Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) topic such as "system" that is not available. Make sure that you're using the correct DDE topic." Any idea why I receive this error with GC?

Originally posted by aandb View Post
                        Hi there,
                        I used it with excel 2007 version, too.
                        Tha right call should be =SHEETNAME|CONTRACT!LAST
                        in my file I see each contract on different sheets,
                        I read =YM|YM!LAST, =YM|YM!ASK
                        I' m not able to remember if works with more contracts on the same sheet.
                        It's more than four years ago that used it.
                        To be more clear. if I have a file.xls, I specify a single name for the sheet where i will read the Data charged from NDDE, Loaded from the chart. I use CQG don't know if it is the same with TT and others.
                        In my sheet I don't see reference to the expiry so YM is YM per se without month and year reference.
                        I tried different ways in the past and this was the only one I found out to get it on excel, not investigated more. No longer using it anyway.
                        I use nt7.
                        Give it a try in this way. Let me know.

Comment

Check if you loaded both chart with the same indicators.
                          I suggest to save the one with YM as template and then open GC.
                          There are no reason why you can't be able to load both if you load YM.
                          Check again if you made script errors.
                          Are you able to see real time action of GC chart?

Comment

I now get 2 error messages when running DDE Connection script.

Error on calling 'Dispose' method for indicator 'DDE': NinjaDDE.NinjaServer

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'DDE' on bar 0: An item with the same key has already been added.

Anyone know how to fix these errors?

Comment

GC issue? Is it solved?
                              Which mods you made from last post?
                              try to remove remove NDDE package and reinstall it.
                              it seems that you are adding script with another indicator with the same call .
                              If you solved the issue with GC, I can't help you further. Sorry but I'm not a coder.
                              try with NT Support directly or third party partner.
                              Anyway, for being able to help I suggest to write down the OS of your machine and the NT version in the way who could be of further help can be more effective.

Originally posted by ActiveTrader09 View Post
                              I now get 2 error messages when running DDE Connection script.

Error on calling 'Dispose' method for indicator 'DDE': NinjaDDE.NinjaServer

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'DDE' on bar 0: An item with the same key has already been added.

Anyone know how to fix these errors?

Comment

The 2 log error messages was caused by duplicate copies of the script I had installed.

Unfortunately, I still get the #REF error with GC; however, YM works fine. NQ works too. It seems like the data is not being received via the script. I just have no clue as to why. In Excel I am using, =GC|GC!LAST, like NQ and YM.
                                Last edited by ActiveTrader09; 05-01-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Handclap0241