In Replay Mode, backfill that day's morning data if missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Replay Mode, backfill that day's morning data if missing

If we start NT at say 8:00am, the replay capture starts at 8:00am. Now when we go back and Connect with that day's replay file and start to play it, the replay, of course, starts right at 8:00am. The chart will backfull all the previous days even if those days were not captured - which is nice. This is useful for priming indicators. However, this backfill stops at midnight on the day previous to the capture day and does not backfill up to, in this example, 7:59:59am of the capture day. Thus leaving a critical hole in the data from midnight to 7:59:59am.

Please enhance the playback of replay files to backfill all the way up to the second (or perhaps minute) before the beginning of that days replay file.

thanks
    shawnj

Thanks for the input shawnj - have you tried recording the full 24hr session to work around this?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course I realize that would be a workaround. But for the folks like me who would prefer to not run my computer 24 hours a day, and even running 24 hours a day there is the hassle of having to stop and restart NT each day to have seperate replay files for each day. And even then I'm not shure the backfilling would be correct unless you stopped and restated at exactly midnight - I haven't tested this though.

I was hoping the NT coders could just backfill right up to the beginning of the replay file (to the second or minute) instead of just backfilling to midnight. The data is there, we just need a little code tweak.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed input, I can see your point shawnj.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I second this request, it would be extremely useful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post maybeimnotrader  
          Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post quantismo