Freezing Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing Crashing

For the last 8 hours NT has been freezing and not responding. I have installed uninstalled 50 times Everytime I change something on a chart it just freezes. Sometimes if I leave it eventually it comes around like 5 mins later. I am using ZenFire feed and broker says there is no problems reported to him with the connections. It seems to have happened all of a sudden. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the previous 6.5 build. But it just did the same thing although this time it took about 5 minutes just to load the charts when I connected it. I have looked in trace and log files and they seem to have no errors I can find. I haven't changed anything on this pc. Its the same as it was yesterday. Any explanations?

Please ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements listed at the link below.

Can you please check the size of your database. It is located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->NinjaTrader.mdb.

In addition, please check how many workspaces you have listed at File-->Workspaces, in between "Save Workspace As" and "Default".
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How big should the NinjaTrader.mdb file be??

Comment

This depends on your trade history and saved chart data among other parameters. If the database is very large (> 100 MB), it can cause NinjaTrader to act slow with some customers.

Comment

Mine is 46Mb - could this be a problem as I am having issues with freezes/hangs as well? If so, how do we change its size? Do we delete it assuming NT will rebuild it?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          This depends on your trade history and saved chart data among other parameters. If the database is very large (> 100 MB), it can cause NinjaTrader to act slow with some customers.

Comment

That size should be fine. I suggest to take a look at the following link, which will provide you helpful tips to improve the peformance of NinjaTrader and prevent freeze ups.

Comment

Nah no database no workspace. I have uninstalled it completely with uninstallers that take everything to do with the program off the pc. Every reg key every single memory trace. And re downloaded a new version, and reinstalled clean. And its still doing it. 2 days ago I was using it fine. I haven't changed nothing on the pc. It is not my pc.My pc meets the minimum reqs. Its been going fine most of the day, then I just went to remove an indicator from a chart, that I got from here from the indicator repository, and bam. Everything greyed out using 90% cpu hung and crashed. Then 5 minutes later it recovered. Something badly wrong.Happened all of a sudden.And secondly I even done the same and installed the previous version.Which does the same thing.And another thing, an indicator I use, from here, on 1 time frame specifically 5min, it gives no signal since yesterday. Yet many conditions have been met to have given signals.
              Last edited by Mike_32; 09-30-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Can you please send me the trace file to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header for the date the freeze up occurred and provide me a time when the freeze occurred. You can find this file at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20081001 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please tell me what indicator you removed from your chart and what indicator did not work after the freeze up. Are these 3rd party indicators?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses