Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a strategy over a list of symbols

Hello there,

when I backtest a strategy I can do that over an extensive list of symbols that I created.

When it comes to running them live, however, I right-click on the Strategies page, choose "New Strategy..." and there I can define all the parameters of the strategy. Everything is the same as when you backtest but when it comes to loading the "Instrument" I don;t seem to be able to load a list of symbols. It seems as though it's requiring me to choose one single specific symbol from the list.

Is there a limitation as to over how many symbols you can run your strategy?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

There is no limitation from NinjaTrader on how many strategies you can run live. The only limitation is how many your computer can run at the same time. You can backtest a list of instruments However you will need to start and stop each strategy manually for each instrument for live trading with NinjaTrader 6.5.

NinjaTrader 7 gives you the ability to select and instrument list when running a live strategy.

NinjaTrader 7 is in the later stages of beta testing is scheduled to be released soon. There is no release date for NinjaTrader 7 yet. Please visit the below link for information on NinjaTrader 7 features and release information:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett,

so if I understand that correctly if I wanted to run a strategy over 15 different stocks (in NT 6.5) I would have to load the strategy and run 15 times, one for each symbol?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

How does one get the Beta test?

Also, does it work properly with TDAmeritrade? I remember in the past when I was using 6.5 with TD all kinds of problems existed. Orders would not go though, passed on delayed etc; in simple words not reliable to trade real money. I was then told that it was TD's fault on their end but whichever the case the problem persisted for months until I stopped using it.

Have all these issues been resolved in NT 7?

Comment

I do not have any further information on NinjaTrader 7 then the information provided in the link I posted prior.

To apply for the NinjaTrader 7 beta please send a note to support [at] ninjatrader dot com and request NinjaTrader 7 beta.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielSanMartin