Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trend magic Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend magic Indicator

Exists on Ninjatrader?

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

Thanks

Hello txarly,

Hopefully another community member has this available for you.

You can also check the file sharing section of these forums for additional indicators available.

If you may consider a NinjaScript consultant to code for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

magictrend

Hi txarly i have this indicator and several other versions of it all written by the same guy all quite good unfortunately they are all in prorealtime code and i am finding it difficult to find anyone who can help me change them to ninjascript.The trendmagic indicators come from a french site i also have a few different volume indicators from a spanish site again in prorealtime site both programmers do some great stuff if any wants to take a look let me know
      Last edited by ohjob; 10-19-2010, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am attaching my own personal tweaked version of the TrendMagic.

Traditionally, the TrendMagic is based on the CCI for trend, and the ATR for step frequency. I have added the ability to use the RSI, HMA, EMA, and SMA as a basis for trend by normalizing these values between 0 and 1. You can theoretically add any basis for trend you wish using this technique.

I will post this version in the file sharing section as well.
        Attached Files
        mrlogik
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Repaint?

Thanks for the indy Mr.Logic... out of curosity does it repaint? I know there are a few different versions of this around. The orginal repainted and the later ones did not...

Thanks for any help!
          R.T

Comment

Hi RT,

Nope, no repainting here.

Enjoy
            mrlogik
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Trend Magic

Hello a few days ago unload the indicator TrendMagic and I like me enough.

Working with it I could observe that when place the mouse on a bar, in the data box you can see 3 values:

DATA BOX:

TmUp = N/A
              TmDn = 9762,9
              TmN = N/A

How can I know the value of TmUp and TmN in this bar where TmDn value is = 9762,9

Thanks and regards

Comment

Hello Firecan,

Are you using the version that MrLogik posted in this thread? If so, it appears that the indicator is intended to only plot a value for each individual plot when the trend is headed in a certain direction. In an uptrend, it will plot a value for TmUp. In a downtrend, it will plot a value for TmDn, and in a sideways market, it will plot a value for TmN. In each case, the values for the other two plots will be 0.

The only exception to this seems to be on bars that transition between an uptrend, downtrend, or consolidating market -- in these cases, two of the plots will have values greater than zero.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Trend Magic (by Mr.Logic)

Thanks for your rapid response.

Yes, I am using Mr. Logic version.

I understand that I can say to a trend that it marks value TmUp = N/A = value 0.

Thank you great help.

Regards.
                  Last edited by firecan; 01-06-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Happy new year 2015.

Working again with it I could observe that I have diferents values between Data Box and Chart.

I introduce these lines in a small strategy to obtain value them of TmUp , TmN and TmDn.

DrawText("myText1"+CurrentBar,TrendMagic.......... ...

The values that I obtain with these lines are different from those of the Data Box.

For example in Data box TmUp = N/A (in chart TmUp = 9750)

I am confused, do not know where the mistake can be........

Can you help my.

Thanks, regards.
                    Last edited by firecan; 01-04-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hello again Happy New year.

Someone Member / Junior Member / Senior Member or Certified NinjaScript Consultant

could help me with the previous post. (#10)

Regards.
                      Last edited by firecan; 01-04-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firecan View Post
                        Hello again Happy New year.

Someone Member / Junior Member / Senior Member or Certified NinjaScript Consultant

could help me with the previous post.

Regards.
                        Have you tried sending a PM to Mr. Logic, or contacting them via their website?

Comment

Yes, and he said to me that I should put a post in the forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Hi Salvador,
                          I wrote the trend magic and posted it a long time ago. Whatever version is on the forum is the latest version. Please post questions to the specific post on the forum so all can benefit.
                          Best Regards,
                          Anthony

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Hi Salvador,
                            I wrote the trend magic and posted it a long time ago. Whatever version is on the forum is the latest version. Please post questions to the specific post on the forum so all can benefit.
                            Best Regards,
                            Anthony

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I have looked at the code finally. It is using multiple plots: 3, of which only one is set at any time. This means that the other Plots are undefined, so you cannot access their values. Undefined Plots, depending on the code, and where you access the Plot, will show up as either "N/A", meaning it is inapplicable, or it will show you the Close price.

To do anything else in this case, will require the entire indicator to be rewritten with a different paradigm. That will make it a different indicator: right now, the current indicator follows exactly the paradigm, and reasoning behind the idea of the MagicTrend, which is to have a single, VISUAL plot, that is either up, down or neutral.

It happens to have been implemented with 3 underlying plots under the covers, because that was the ONLY way to implement it in the halcyon days of NT 6.5, when this was written.
                            Last edited by koganam; 01-04-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Salvador,
                              Best Regards,
                              Anthony

You sent me a PM with an inquiry, but when I tried to respond, it would appear that you have turned off your ability to receive PMs, so I cannot send the reply.

Post your inquiry here as part of the thread, and I will post a response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes