Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sma price oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sma price oscillator

Ninja 7 has an EMA Price Oscillator.

I need a SMA Price Oscillator so I can duplicate the oscillators I was used to working with in Advanced GET (5-17, 5-35, 10-70).

I don't write code or know how to edit a script.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Thank you

Hello jjwint,

If the indicator you are referring to calls the EMA, you may be able to modify the script and change this to SMA. The are called very similarly so a simple letter change may do the job.

You would want to start by making a copy of the script with a new name.
    Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to modify this script as a convenience to you.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK I can certainly try that. I did open up the script for the EMA Oscillator and there was a note on it saying something like "do not copy or change" so I was trying to be a good citizen. LOL

Anyway, yeah, I'll try to modify the EMA Oscillator. Shouldn't be hard.

I didn't realize that posting here was a sort of request for support. I thought I was asking for help from Ninja users. Could be I'm in the wrong forum.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Hi jjwint,

Are you looking at the NinjaScript generated regen near the bottom of the script?

This code should not be changed or copied because NinjaTrader uses that area to create the overloads needed to access the script from another script and is unique to each script.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-03-2017, 09:07 AM.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TOOLS -> EDIT SCRIPT -> EMA Oscillator.

I think there are warnings top and bottom. Very official. I'm concerned that the NSA may come knocking on the door if I change anything.

Seriously, me dealing with script editors is like asking a gorilla to disassemble a toaster. But I'll play around with it this week. I'll be sure to watch the video when I'm sober.

Thanks again Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes