Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Past Signals Not Showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past Signals Not Showing

I added a strategy I built to my chart but it only shows the most recent signal and not any previous ones. For now, I'm using the strategy to simply add an arrow to the chart only (it doesn't place any orders). What setting do I need to change so it shows all previous signals on the chart? Thanks.

Hello josef,

Thanks for opening the thread.

When you enable a strategy, OnBarUpdate() will begin processing historical data and then start processing real time data. The trades executed by the strategy that were filled historically will display on the chart that you apply the strategy to.

This behavior will allow you to see the historical trades generated by the strategy within the data series and Days to Load you apply the strategy to.

If you are not seeing trades for the strategy, I suggest to observe the strategy's current position to see if it is in a historical position that would not allow it to enter more trades.

If the strategy behavior is not presenting the expected behavior, I suggest to debug the code by adding prints to observe if certain logic is firing and to observe the variables that are controlling the entry logic are valid to allow entry. the Playback connection can be very useful in repeating scenarios to test further.

Debugging - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

Playback Connection - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...connection.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I watch it in real time it will signal correctly placing the arrow at the correct spot however once a new signal is generated it will remove the previous signal's arrow and place an arrow at the most recent signal. Why is it removing old signals that it correctly has marked?

Comment

Confusing instances of past arrow not showing

If you change the arrow to a set background color all instances will show. For some reason in Ver 8 only the last two instances of an event are shown for most Actions. To get around your arrow problem go to your action box where you selected the arrow, and on the tag line Enter + and then select "set"then in the new box select set again then MISC and current bar. This gives a unique name to each instance of your signal.

Comment

Perfect. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          167 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
          7 responses