NT8 bars are different than NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 bars are different than NT7

When I display 10 daily bars for ES 12-16 on NT 7 and then using the same exact feed I display the same chart on NT8, the bars look substantially different. See attached NT7 and NT8.

I have 120 day chart also plotted with discrepancy. See attached NT7-2 and NT8-2.

Also NT8 crashes loading 10 daily bars. Its fine with longer time frames.

How can this be corrected? I assume NT7 plots correctly.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by afshinmoshrefi View Post
    When I display 10 daily bars for ES 12-16 on NT 7 and then using the same exact feed I display the same chart on NT8, the bars look substantially different. See attached NT7 and NT8.

I have 120 day chart also plotted with discrepancy. See attached NT7-2 and NT8-2.

How can this be corrected? I assume NT7 plots correctly.

Just checked my charts on the same settings as yours and see similar discrepancies to you.

The NT7 chart has large gaps and which suggests it may be only plotting the RTH data even though the default session template is being used. ( which should cover the ETH session)

The NT8 chart doesn't have the large gaps between days which suggests we are seeing the full ETH session.

I then setup up both my NT7 and NT8 to plot 1440 minute charts (minutes in one day) and they look identical. If I then setup a 1440 minute NT8 chart but use the "CME US Index Futures RTH" session template it looks just like the original NT7 daily chart.

Since the same data provider is being used it both cases it appears that NT7 defaults to only showing the RTH session when you select daily bars whereas NT8 defaults to showing the ETH session. NinjaTrader might like to comment here?

Comment

FMTrader is correct, there was a design decision to use ETH for daily bars in NinjaTrader 8 using the CQG connection. You may review a grid which contains this information here,

Please let us know if there is any other way we may help.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 11-02-2016, 06:39 AM.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With regards to this, please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
        Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1596585
        Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
        IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem persists NT7 and NT8 show different bars

Based on FMTraders observation, I've done the same comparison of last 14 days on Rth session on both NT7 and NT8. Discrepancies remain. I've attached NT7-3 and NT8-3 to show the issue:
          Attached Files

Comment

Based on FMTraders observation, I've done the same comparison of last 14 days on Rth session on both NT7 and NT8. Discrepancies remain. I've attached NT7-3 and NT8-3 to show the issue:
            The discrepancy is expected since NT8 daily bars are built using ETH and not RTH. Changing the "Trading Hours" property has no effect on this.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes