Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any way to auto-enable strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to auto-enable strategy?

while building/testing strategy, it frequently gives some errors and stradegy disables itself...
    we have to every time, after we click F5 in editor, we have to manually enable strategy again from dropdown and it's quite time consuming and annyoing..
    is there some option, that will automatically force strategy, to "check" enabled, everytime we click F5 in editor?

to understand clearlly, it should "try" to enable..
    for example, we have error in strategy coding, and clicking F5 causes some errors, and strategy disables itself.

we fix the error and click F5, and strategy should enable itself (i mean, try to enable and if it sees there is no error, should stay enabled).

will be helpfull
    please, suggest to dev.team.

Hello selnomeria,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

It is not possible to automatically re-enable a strategy - all strategies must manually be re-enabled. That being said, the act of compiling in the editor should not be disabling the strategy.

I'd like to review your log and trace files so that I may investigate this further - and if you would be able to provide me a sample of your strategy for me to test, that would help me to diagnose the issue.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. You may also include your strategy as an attachment in this email.

Please reference this forum post in the body of your email and title it ATTN Alan S.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks alan.
      No, i think you've misunderstood.
      I say, that not the editor is disabled,but Strategy on chart is being changed from true into false (the "enable" field), every time the strategy code makes something failing in execution (i.e. object is null while calling that or like such NON-COMPILER DETECTABLE errors)...

in such cases, strategy is being disbled on chart automatically, and after editing the editor code, and compiling that, i have to manually enable strategy on Chart>Enabled>true.

and it is very very time consuming while developing strategy/script....
      it would be nice a little checkbox in options : "automatically try to enable Strategy on editor code compile, after clicking F5")

Comment

Hello selnomeria,

Thank you for the clarification.

The strategy becoming disabled after a failed order submission is expected - I will submit a feature request to our development team on your behalf to have an option to attempt to re-enable the strategy upon re-compiling it in the NinjaScript Editor if you have it applied to a chart or if it is listed in your Strategies tab.

I would still like to review your diagnostic files to determine what sorts of errors you are receiving and to assist with the resolution.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. You may also include your strategy as an attachment in this email.

Please reference this forum post in the body of your email and title it ATTN Alan S.

Additionally, if you send me the relevant sections of your code that contain your order entry logic that would also help me to diagnose the issue.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hello selnomeria,

Thanks for your suggestion to improve our product.

I wanted to let you know that your feature request is being tracked with unique tracking ID SFT-2377.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

any news about the ticket? how can we view those ticket progress? should I have to ask you everytime in writing (like this post) to get info about ticket updates?

Comment

Hello selnomeria,

Thank you for the reply.

You can track features that have been implemented in the change logs with the tracking number in post 5. Unfortunately, we don't have any kind of public feature request tracking system so we would not have a way for you to check ongoing status. I can tell you that we have tracked it and development will review it.

If items are implemented or changed, you can track that in the changelog here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I know this post is old but as a general question related to auto enabling the strategy, is there a way i can set a strategy to automatically enable at 9 am and stop at 10 am? For example.

Comment

Originally posted by The Humble Mentor View Post
                  Hi I know this post is old but as a general question related to auto enabling the strategy, is there a way i can set a strategy to automatically enable at 9 am and stop at 10 am? For example.
                  The best way to do this is keep your strategy running 24/7 and
                  use a time filter that restricts trades to the hours you specify.

By design, the NinjaTrader Strategy 'Enable' operation is a manual
                  operation. I seriously doubt this will ever change.

-=o=-

Why is it a manual operation?
                  Why will this never change?

I suspect the reasons are part of a legal defense strategy.

What, you think someone is never going to sue about how that
                  darned 'automatic' enable feature lost $20,000 in their account?

NinjaTrader upper mgmt is not dumb in this regard. By forcing manual
                  intervention to enable a strategy, the human user is involved in making
                  the decision to trade, and thus has no legal leg to stand on when their
                  automated strategy loses $20,000 -- they cannot blame the product is
                  responsible for the losses, because the product didn't start the Strategy
                  in some automatic nefarious defective way, the human user started it
                  via their own free will -- using the product's 'Enable' strategy operation.

Just my 2˘.

Last edited by bltdavid; 02-02-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

The best way to do this is keep your strategy running 24/7 and
                    use a time filter that restricts trades to the hours you specify.

By design, the NinjaTrader Strategy 'Enable' operation is a manual
                    operation. I seriously doubt this will ever change.

-=o=-

Why is it a manual operation?
                    Why will this never change?

I suspect the reasons are part of a legal defense strategy.

What, you think someone is never going to sue about how that
                    darned 'automatic' enable feature lost $20,000 in their account?

NinjaTrader upper mgmt is not dumb in this regard. By forcing manual
                    intervention to enable a strategy, the human user is involved in making
                    the decision to trade, and thus has no legal leg to stand on when their
                    automated strategy loses $20,000 -- they cannot blame the product is
                    responsible for the losses, because the product didn't start the Strategy
                    in some automatic nefarious defective way, the human user started it
                    via their own free will -- using the product's 'Enable' strategy operation.

Just my 2˘.

Well your 2 cents makes sense. Thanks for the reply. I think youre absolutely correct and I think ill set up time restrictions in the strategy itself. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sidlercom80