Collapse

Connection Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a couple days but I finally got a disconnect of the MyFXCM connection and after an hour it had still not reconnected. I disconnected my network connection and reconnected to try to force a re-connection but it didn't. How do we fix this?

Thanks!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RiversideDude; 04-28-2017, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Hello RiversideDude,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please answer these questions in an email so I may assist you further? I would then like to get connected with you to troubleshoot the issue.

Are you still disconnected from your provider?

Are you in any open positions? If so please call your broker's trade desk immediately to reconcile your positions.

Are you on the latest version of NinjaTrader 8? The latest version is 8.0.6.1.

Please write in with your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text "Attn Jim" and a copy of the thread URL.

You may follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
      • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

With the log and trace attached, please provide a good time when we can get connected and a phone number where I may reach you. Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 04-28-2017, 07:42 AM.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get disconnected every weekend from FXCM.
        I don't get disconnect from the price data server. I get disconnected from the order server.
        Monday morning my charts resume my strategies start to fail because the orders fail to send to FXCM.
        Its a pity because my strategy makes good money if they can run for more than a week.

Comment

Hey Jim, since FXCM has shutdown, no live positions. I'll check the version and upgrade if necessary and email you my logs.

Thanks!!

Comment

Hello radicaltrader and RiversideDude,

@radicaltrader, Have you attempted to use OnConnectionStatusUpdate() to prevent your strategy logic from executing when FXCM is disconnected?

Please also make sure that you have set the On Connection Loss settings appropriately. These topics are discussed throughout this thread, but I will provide quick links to the documentation for convenience.

OnConnectionStatusUpdate() - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...atusupdate.htm

NinjaScript properties (On Connection Loss settings) - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...riptProperties

@RiversideDude, Please let me know if you are able to force a re-connection when your FXCM connection drops out and does not auto-reconnect. It is important to know if you can reproduce this on the latest build of NinjaTrader.

I look forward to being of further help.

Comment

Jim, I sent the logs. Sometimes it reconnects and sometimes it doesn't. Again, I'm not concerned about the strategy yet, I dont have any live orders.

Thanks!!
              Last edited by RiversideDude; 05-01-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Ninjatrader does think it is connected but its only half connected. chart data is connected order connection is not.

there was a version of NT8 I had that was good but the cash value was not updating. I don't think it was a version given to the public.
                Last edited by radicaltrader; 05-02-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,

Sorry for any delay in a response.

RiversideDude had reported that he hasn't experienced an issue where NinjaTrader could not reconnect to FXCM connections after updating to 8.0.6.1. Can you confirm that this is the case for you as well?

If you are still encountering connection issues, please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your log and trace files so we can analyze what happened. Please include the text Attn Jim and the thread URL so the ticket can be brought to my attention.

Please also include any details that describe the occurrence including the time in which the issue last occurred. This information makes it easier to find the parts of the log and trace to look further.

You may follow the instructions below to attach your log and trace files to an email.
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.

I look forward to being of further help.

Comment

Ninjatrader just crashes every weekend (outside of trading hours). I never have a problem during trading hours. It just means that you cannot use Ninjatrader and FXCM to run strategies on a medium time frame (more than a week). Ninjatrader is fine for day trading.

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,

Thanks for the reply.

Is NinjaTrader crashing, or are you losing the connection to your account?

If NinjaTrader is crashing for you on the weekends, could you gather your log and trace files and send them into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we can take a look at what might be occurring?

You can follow the instructions below to attach your log and trace files to an email.
                      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

When NT crashes this weekend I will send you through the log and trace. It fails every weekend. I am sure it the FXCM api thats the problem.

Comment

log and trace file sent. connection problems every weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke  
                          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post maybeimnotrader