Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to determine active NTTabPage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to determine active NTTabPage?

Have developed AddOn based on the Framework example with multiple tabbed pages.

I would like to know which page the user (me) is currently viewing and both not render other pages and also change some other output which is subordinate to this AddOn.

When I try various MSDN handlers for Tab Selection events it uses wants System.Windows.Forms which conflicts with System.Windows.Controls.

I have found that the TabControl property SelectedIndex is available but that is not helpful within the tab themselves.

Is there a Property in the NTTabPage that will tell me if it is current selected tab? Or how do I otherwise determine this?

Thx.

-Jim

Hello JimB17,

Thanks for writing in.

Our colleague Chelsea has been working on an Add-On that can demonstrate this. The Add-On can provide you with what you need to identify when a tab changes. Please load the Add-On and open the NinjaScript Output window to observe the Prints where a tab changes.

This Add-On is simply an example of how this can be done, but as this is undocumented, we do not offer this solution as the end-all correct solution that will work for everyone. I suggest to do your own debugging to verify your logic works under all cases.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 04-04-2017, 03:59 PM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for both the quick reply and the working code! Dropped right in and I am a happy camper.

Now have dropped my painting overhead to just one tab not four, and can do other logic as well.

Wish all software was this easy!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes