Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to IB does not work

I try to connect NT to my tws data and get this message:

Login failed: IB.Adapter.StartTws: can't find registry key 'Trader Workstation'

Any idea, what I can do?

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 944.3. If you do not have this version, or you are unsure if you have this version, please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 944.3 via the following link:

Once TWS 944.3 has been installed, please open TWS ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same Problem but different Issues

With IB 955 have no problems with the data stream, but found that order for Ie: ZB contract should be $32.50 Instead of $166K dollars which my acct will not cover.
      So, wiped out 955 and tried to go back to 944-3 , cannot find 944 with IB site + unable to reach them today, constantly on hold for tech support, API, you name it. Dowloaded help with 944-3 with NJ, and nothing but problems, cannot find 944, even though supplied to C;drive and awaiting answer from NJ.
      so far this link doesn't work //www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_944_3.exe I will let you know what transpires, expecting call today. Note: did you work on the API at global connections, that was my original problem with 955.

Comment

Hello MarkTwoM,

Sometimes forums software truncates things like long urls, which can make them difficult to copy. I am providing a copy of that link piece by piece. Please let us know if you are still unable to download TWS.

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

/ninjatrader/TWS
        /tws40_install_944_3.exe

Comment

Thank you

I have downloaded multiple times, it will go thru all the motions, but after all is said and done unable to find .exe or program itself. Anyhow working out the details with support. The biggest problem was cell phone (no landline) rejecting phone calls as unknown caller due to skype usage. Finally managed to find problem and hopefully will get this matter resolved later today.
          Again thank you
          Mark

Comment

All issues have been taken care off

It turns out that the problem was the JTS folder was imbedded in Programs rather than on the C drive. during installation for some reason the program had C:/Program Files/jts and this was causing the lack of .exe. Than specific issues with API on IB were resolved so they are no longer considering a ZB order Qty 1 as a cost of $166K vs $32.5.
            In the past you could go back to IB but 944 is 3 years old and they will not support it,
            Thank You

Comment

I have the same problem as pendergast01...

Any solutions for it?

Comment

Officially have given up

As much as I truly enjoy Ninja, the problem or real issue is the loss of packets from my provider Comcast. Multiple times during the day , I will have lost connection, at times not even discernible to any other programs including IB. When IB does lose connection, we are looking at times of reconnecting in seconds. Unfortunately , Ninja isn't robust and the lack of stability means data stream interruption no matter how discernible equates to Ninja crash.
                Everyone has blamed everyone else, and honestly I understand Ninja difficulties, IB will not support the existing build, and I have no clue what Ninja 8 will provide. Since it is in Beta, I have no clarity nor the inclination to go thru the problems again, especially without any confidence in the program and trading with real $$.
                Believe me , I wish it would work, its quite a learning curve and its a great program and perhaps in the future will try again. Best of Luck

Comment

Originally posted by plizer View Post
                  I have the same problem as pendergast01...

Any solutions for it?
                  Hello Plizer,

Could I ask which version of Trader Workstation and which version of NinjaTrader you are currently using? I am happy to help in any way I can.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwoM View Post
                    As much as I truly enjoy Ninja, ... Best of Luck
                    Hello MarkTwoM,

I am really sad to hear that. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. I realize there are some challenges inherent in connecting one platform to another to receive data. Many other users have had a very positive experience with direct data feeds such as Kinetick. We would love to be your trading platform of choice and will always go the extra mile to help in any way we can.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                      Hello Plizer,

Could I ask which version of Trader Workstation and which version of NinjaTrader you are currently using? I am happy to help in any way I can.
                      Workstation:
                      It is Build 956.2n
                      Java Version 1.8.0_60

Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.31

Comment

When you cant find a solution. Where can I get the real time and historical data for all DAX stocks and DAX futures?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by plizer View Post
                          Workstation:
                          It is Build 956.2n
                          Java Version 1.8.0_60

Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.31
                          The connection guide recommends using IB TWS v 944.3, available for download here :

Could I ask that you use this version of IB TWS?

To review all the DAX stocks and futures instruments that NT has built-in, visit Tools -> Instrument Manager -> Set Description to "DAX" -> Click "Search" .

To see whether your provider offers real time or historical data for an instrument, please visit this link.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Thank you!

It works now!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason