Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Commissions

Hello,

how can I setup commissions for FXCM properly? I tried it different ways and also watched that video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FMVuiqP10U), but it is still weird.

For instance on EURUSD FXCM charges 0,03€ commission for each 1.000€ volume traded + 0,02€ NT commission, thats 0,05€ in total for each position.

I go to Instrument Manager -> EURUSD -> Misc -> "NinjaTrader FXCM" -> Commission levels -> "..." -> New. I set "Commission" to "0,05" and "Units" to 1000. But then NT charges me $50 commission. Also when I set "Units" to 1, I still get $50 commission.

It only works when I set "Commission" to "0,00005" (5E-05) and "Units" to "1", then NT charges the right commission of $0,05.

So what is the logic behind that commission editor?

Another question: Can I edit commissions of past trades? Because due to the commission problem my account performance report is totally screwed now.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Trading Noob; 08-02-2016, 02:24 PM.

Originally posted by Trading Noob View Post
    It only works when I set "Commission" to "0.00005" (5E-05) and "Units" to "1", then NT charges the right commission of $0.05
    You've discovered the correct commission settings when trading forex. This is calculating commission per single unit. Per micro-lot, 1000 x 0.0005 = .05 cents commission which is correct.

The logic would be that NinjaTrader 7 does not have a way to differentiate between a quantity of forex and a quantity of another asset class when calcuating commissions, so the above method must be used.

It is not possible to apply commission settings to previously made trades. Commission values will only apply to trades made after the commissions were configured. If these are simulated trades, the easiest way would be to reset the simulator.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account. (This can take long depending on the size of your database file and your system.)
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Options> Simulator.
    • Press the 'Reset' button.
    • If you do not want to lose your trade data, uncheck the 'Clear history' box (This must be left checked when wanting to remove a stuck sim order)

Comment

Alright. I understood. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        You've discovered the correct commission settings when trading forex. This is calculating commission per single unit. Per micro-lot, 1000 x 0.0005 = .05 cents commission which is correct.

The logic would be that NinjaTrader 7 does not have a way to differentiate between a quantity of forex and a quantity of another asset class when calculating commissions, so the above method must be used........
        Hi Patrick,

I was about to ask about commissions settings as well. I've been backtested an algo that trades a lot intraday, so comms are critical. Since it trades EURUSD, IB commissions are basically 0.20 basis point ( 0.0001 * 0.20 ) BUT calculated in USD$, so, for example, a trade for EUR 100.000 @ 1.1400, will generate a commission as follows: 100.000*0.00002*1.1400 x 2 ( roundtrip ) = 4.56 and NOT just 4 as it may be given by NT7 backtest....so my question is: Has NT7 modified the commissions settings tab to do it properly ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

calculating commissions per basis point within NinjaTrader is not possible. I will submit a feature request for this and provide the tracking number in this post when I receive it.

EDIT: The tracking number is SFT-2521
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-12-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            calculating commissions per basis point within NinjaTrader is not possible. I will submit a feature request for this and provide the tracking number in this post when I receive it.
            I think this is very critical because if you can't include in backtest the real commissions paid, those results are incomplete.

Thanks for submitting that critical request, at least in NT8 it should be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielSanMartin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888