More efficient suggestion system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More efficient suggestion system.

Hi, I use another software and it is disabled at the moment for me so I thought I would try NT while I wait just in case it takes a long time to re-enable my Fav Software. I was thinking I might even buy your software even if my Fav software is back online. So on this topic generally I highly recommend what I am about to suggest.

Write or buy a bug reporting / feature reporting system. Have it such that users have the option to vote for the suggestions and vote against the suggestions and also add comments or modifications to the suggestions. Most importantly allow them to get emails if they wish of the suggestions with the subject line. They would have the option to go in and vote and read the details if they wish. The idea here is they need to be aware of the feature requests in order to vote. Highly encourage them to submit their suggestions and bugs through this system rather than through the forum. This will automatically cause you to listen to your customers in the most effective manor (forum requests are highly disorganized).

Why is this so critically important. I went searching for a critical feature in your software (one that will cause me to not buy your software if it is missing). It was requested in 2012 and you still have not put it in. With the above system in place I think I can almost guarantee you would have put it in. I suspect you will some day but maybe it won't be until you put my above suggestion into place. Here is the other thing. Having such a system in place sends a very strong signal to the potential buyer that you really care about them (you want their votes). As a result they are much more likely to stick with your software knowing that their learning it won't be wasted time.

This has been mentioned more than a few times before.

Nothing will happen... they have their position.

Comment

Hello bowlesj3,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your vote to support such a bug/feature reporting system to development.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        This has been mentioned more than a few times before.
        Nothing will happen... they have their position.
        That is unfortunate. I just found a serious unacceptable bug in NT software which has forced me to look at other software to replace my FAV software. It sounds like there is no point in telling them what the problem is. Once clients start to think this way it is the beginning of the end or else maybe new management can correct the issue.
        Last edited by bowlesj3; 07-21-2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Hello bowlesj3,

Can you please tell me what issue you experience in the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello bowlesj3,

Can you please tell me what issue you experience in the NinjaTrader platform.
            Hi, what happened is I set up a daily chart and a 15 minute bar chart and I linked them to check out the global crosshair tracking. The daily bar data went right to the current day. the 15 minute bar data stopped in early June. I changed nothing in the chart setup except I at one point extended the data back in time (assuming it would add more data). I tried your reload to see if that would fix the missing 15 minute bar data and that failed.

In MultiCharts the way it works is you get all the IB data and as you load your chart each day it brings in any new IB data and it stores the data it has so far in its historic databases (they build over time). They have a reload feature such as you do.

Comment

Can you please tell me if you have NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 installed.

Please right click in the 15 Minute chart and select 'Data Series'. Check if 'End date' is set to today's date. If not, please do so and click OK. Check if the 15 Minute chart loads data up to the current day.

What instrument (+ expiry month) do you have selected in the chart?

If you create a brand new 15 Minute chart, does it load data up to the current day and time?

Comment

Hi Jason,

thanks for your reply. I checked the 15 minute bar data series and it was set back a bit so I change it to today and that fixed the problem. I am using Version 8 with Canadian Stocks. In this case ABX.

John

Comment

Regarding the original suggestion here is the problem with keeping your own internal list. It is essentially useless for the simple reason that people say "Hay that is a great idea. I wish I had have thought of that". An example: in the software I normally use I submitted an idea to have an "Are you sure" popup if someone highlighted a study and hit the delete key to delete it. Amazingly enough no one had thought of if. They jumped on it and started voting for it. It got at least 5 votes. So they put it in.At the same time I suggested they do not put the same popup in for deleting a line since putting a line back is not a big deal but putting a study back is a lot of work (I often had to go to a second machine to get my value settings and that cost a lot of money if you miss a good trade because of it). How are you going to know people will vote for something unless the idea lands in their email. I wish the suggestions came to my email so I would get a regular reminder to vote for things. When it is tucked away in a forum I never see it. Example: They put in hot keys. I would have voted for that but I never suggested it. Voting is easy, read one line click a button or have the vote buttons directly in the email. Putting a suggestion in is a lot more work. People are busy and some are just lazy but that is what your software is for. It is to save us work (cater to our lazy side). So if you are worried about competitors seeing the votes then hide it. Simple. If you leave it for user to vote in a forum thread and they say +1 the competition can count that.
                  Last edited by bowlesj3; 07-21-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I remember now. When I got ideas for improving the Project Management software I suggested it to the company. They told me it was a 3rd party software and they could not change it. So I went searching for the people who created it and I could not find them (maybe I should have asked who they were but I think I got busy with other things). I was going to ask them to have an option to send the requests to an email address as part of a profile setting. I left trading for 2 years and have come back. They now have a project management software that seems different. I have not looked into it yet.

Comment

The suggestion to have an improved bug/feature reporting system where users can vote suggestions up and down is present on the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-2554.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes