Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures Symbol Guide for Asia/Aus?

Hello,

I've been trying to load the symbols for the mini n225, the MHI and the SPI but each time I go to the instrument list I get a message stating "Error on loading chart data...Invalid Symbol." Could someone please tell me what I need to do to modify the default symbol format so I can trade these instruments, if it's possible, via NT? It's not a data issue as I have the charts currently open in a different charting program with no problems.

Thanks for your help.

Hello NYTrader,

Can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments. Remove and add the instruments from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager and check if the error persists.

If so, please tell me what data feed provider you are connected to and what version of NinjaTrader you have installed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I dont wish to hijack this thread, but I wish to trade the Korean Kospi K200. I have done the reload you suggested to NY Trader, no improvement. I use IB, and have no problem viewing it there.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact your broker and ask:
        -Do you have access to the instrument
        -What symbol they support
        -What exchange is supported
        Then edit the intrument using the instructions within this link:

Note: if you reset the instrument you will need to restart NinjaTrader.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I have access, I trade it regularly on IB.
          The name doesnt appear on your list, so i cant edit it.
          The name is K200 on IB.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

Please gather the information mentioned before and follow the following instructions:

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
            • Press the "New" button
            • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
            • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
            • Press the "OK" button
            * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
            The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
            • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
            • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
            • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
            • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
            You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That worked perfectly, thank you very much.

Comment

After the success with the Korean exchange, I tried exactly the same thing with the Singapore exchange, yes, I have access, I trade them regularly, but after numerous attempts to open charts of the Taiwan index, and the Nikkei index traded on the sing ex, I have had zero success. I am using IB, their symbol mapping are STW and SGXNK. Does anyone have these charts up and running?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Buzz

Comment

Hello Buzz,

Can you please check the Log-tab for any error message upon opening a chart for these instruments.

I tested the SGXNK on my end, but unfortunately our IB account is not authorized for this instrument and my Log-tab displayed "Requested market data is not subscribed".

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes, i get

"Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200).

The frustrating thing is they are the security definitions i have been using in IB for over a year, so they do exist, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Ps, sing ex data is free with IB, if you intend to add it.

Comment

Can you please check the forum thread below and check if you use the same settings for the SGXNK as Barbara2.

Comment

Thank you once again, I had to select both default and SGX exchange for it to work.

Buzz.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jclose
                          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                          10 responses