Suggestion: Make better examples in the guide NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Make better examples in the guide NT8

Back to NT7, I remember that it had simple and clear examples and how to use a certain function, property...etc and the learning curve was fastest without overusing the support forum. Consider that NT8 is major upgrade and even more, there are many things that have changed, therefore consulting the guide is an often activity in order to not use support forum unnecessarily; however, I've seen that the samples to show how in important functions are incomplete, missing or very complicated to describe the procedure. So, consider getting the guide's samples better this would mean:
    - Less support forum use
    - Fast learning curve and less frustration
    - NT8 escalating to the one of the best software to use in trading for retail customers.

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your feedback.

So I can submit a feature request that specific sections of the helpguide be updated, could you please provide some examples that you'd like documented in more detail?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your feedback.

So I can submit a feature request that specific sections of the helpguide be updated, could you please provide some examples that you'd like documented in more detail?

I really appreciate your commitment with NT to make it better through this forum.

Basically, I was having a hard learning curve trying to manage properly the new Order properties and Methods involved in unmanaged approach. I'm aware that this is for advanced programmers but for basic activities is achievable to manage an initial stage, in fact, I've already assembled a simple piece using several Methods that after I test it well, I'm gonna upload it here just for educational purposes for beginners in unmanage if it's ok with the rules of this forum. I'm gonna attach to this post, a perfect example teaching unmanaged in NT7, and despite mostly it's transportable to NT8, there are many details that are no longer used.

Thanks again
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

The strategy you've provided is not a strategy using the unmanaged approach.

Did you have any specific suggestions on pages in the helpguide you wanted to see more detailed, as indicated in your initial post?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello pstrusi,

The strategy you've provided is not a strategy using the unmanaged approach.

Did you have any specific suggestions on pages in the helpguide you wanted to see more detailed, as indicated in your initial post?

Yes I'm aware that is not specifically under unmanaged approach, yet it shows useful hints using Methods that are necessary for unmanaged, that is what I meant.

In regards to your specific question, from the top of my head, for example, it'd be nice to see several examples that what info can this Method give with all of its Arguments inside, not just the basic Order execution basic info.

Code:
          protected override void OnExecutionUpdate(Execution execution, string executionId, double price, int quantity, MarketPosition marketPosition, string orderId, DateTime time)
          {

}
          Thanks

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

You referred to the script you posted as the perfect example teaching the unmanaged approach, which it is not, and could be considered confusing to other users.

In regards to the OnExecutionUpdate helpguide section, I will pass on your suggestion that the following section needs additional substance,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes