Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No market data" in CQG Demo

Hello!
    I just installed Ninjatrader 7 and signed up for the free 2week trial with live futures data and now I have the following problem:

When I try to place an order this error message is shown: "There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine"
    Also the Market Analyzer doesn't show any data.
    Nor does any chart load.

After first installing Ninjatrader it all worked very well then I installed a market profile indicator from the ninjatrader forums closed the application and upon reopening the problem began to exist.
    I did a clean reinstall like suggested in this thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=50022
    the problem still remains.
    I also tried to create different account connections with different names.

I appreciate any help or insight you can give me!
    Thank you

Hello,

Thank you using NinjaTrader.

In order to better assist you, please answer the question below.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Please also send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1771611

I look forward to your reply.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

After reviewing your log and trace files I noticed that you were attempting to load expired contracts for the instruments you mentioned. This contracts will need to be rolled over to the current expiry.

Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
      Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
      Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
      Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
      Select 'OK'
      Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
      I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Fixed! Thank you!!

Thank you so much Dennis!
        That was the problem and it is now fixed. Great service!

I have one other request:
        Could you please provide me with a link to a list of all tradable instruments within the CQG demo account. In the instrument manager I noticed a ton of instruments and I would like to know which ones I can trade in the demo.

I thank you ahead for your time, and appreciate the reply.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We do not currently have a list of what Instruments can be traded with the CQG demo. The CQG demo allows trades on all of the most common futures.

You can check to see if an instrument is enabled to trade by opening up a chart for the instrument in question and enabling chart trader. If you see the ask\bid buttons then that instrument is enabled to trade on the CQG demo.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks

ok thats it thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton