Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ben and Josh where could I learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben and Josh where could I learn?

Ben/Josh,

If I wanted to learn to program for indicators/strategies where is the easiest and best place to start. I assume I don't need to know everything about c# just what I need to work w/Ninja Trader.

I have been told c# is one of the harder languages to learn but thats just what I have been told.

Do you have some recommendations on where to start? I would like to not have to learn everything and just what I need to work w/Ninja Trader. Are there any books or websites you recommend? Thanks for your help.

One other thing. I appreciate all the classes and seminars you give online. I only wish you could record them for people that are not availble at the time. It would also keep you from having to do so many.

Paul

There is a wealth of information on C# on google. Unfortunately I cannot recommend any specific books or sites. Many people start off using the Strategy Wizard and then pressing View Code to see what code is generated. Then you can use the tutorials in the Help Guide along with the numerous reference samples available on the forums.

Good luck.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also, if you don't know anything about programming you would probly be better off starting with a simple language like pascal, learn basic programming logic and then it will be quite easy to understand what you need to do in ninja.
      the problem with any C sharp text is it will quickly get into things that don't apply
      once you understand programming logic, you just need to learn the syntax for c sharp, then your best bet is to just dissect indicators and figure out what is doing what.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80