Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Economic News Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic News Integration

Does anyone on this board know how to get the economic news alert (from say jtEconoNews.cs or better yet they're add-in???

I would like to be able to modify my strategy targets and stops based on whether the current volume is based on a news event. jtEconoNews sounds the alert but i do not know how to programmatically use the alert as a condition in my strategy.

Thanks all in advance,
    Any comments are appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Howie
    Last edited by ohowie; 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: more info

Unfortunately I'm not really clear on how the indicator works, if it exposes a kind of signal you would be able to access it in your strategy code - perhaps best would be to clarify directly with the creator.

You could also create DateTime inputs for your strategy and then enter each times it should for exmaple consider as non trading zone and exit currently held trades with a time offset.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Economic News

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Unfortunately I'm not really clear on how the indicator works, if it exposes a kind of signal you would be able to access it in your strategy code - perhaps best would be to clarify directly with the creator.

You could also create DateTime inputs for your strategy and then enter each times it should for exmaple consider as non trading zone and exit currently held trades with a time offset.
      jtEconoNews changes the background and alerts x minutes before and after news. Is there a way for my strategy to read the background drawn by a custom indicator? Is there a way for my strategy to use an alert generated by another indicator as a trigger?

Thanks for the attention Bertrand
      Howie

Comment

Howie,

Both of these would require the 3rd party script you are using to actually have exposed events you could program off of. Unfortunately we would not know if this is the case for the particular script you are using and you may be best served inquiring with the original vendor.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As far as I know John Thom has stopped distributing the script.

A very intrigueing idea , using news sources for news alerts.
          In the end I took the idea from jt's script and I did all the framework for getting news events into my strategies. Much different from jt code, but unfortunately it doesn't get simpler. I use event handlers and each strategy can listen to the news event if needed.
          News events are generated from a background news source thread that will serve all listeners as soon as the actual news values come in.

Currently in an experimental phase and I would not yet dare putting this into an automated strategy because :
          the news source web interface can change without notice (as dailyfx has changed their interface and does not work any more in jteconnews) and the update of the actual value can lag behind by several minutes.

Here an example , as you see you should be advanced C# expert.

private
          void manager_Progress(object obj,SIGLR.Async.GenericWrapper.Events.WorkerProgre ssEventArgs<Zweistein.NewsEvent[]> args){
          TriggerCustomEvent(OnNewsEvent,args.ProgressData);
          }

and in OnStartup()
          manager_ProgressHandler=newEventHandler<SIGLR.Async.GenericWrapper.Events.WorkerProgressE ventArgs<Zweistein.NewsEvent[]>>(manager_Progress);
          Zweistein.News.Instance.Add(manager_ProgressHandle r);

regards
          Andreas
          www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist