Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unmanaged Orders with Fix StopLoss and Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmanaged Orders with Fix StopLoss and Target

Hi All,

I am fairly new to programming and I need some help with a simple strategy.
    The basics are: I want to place a trade in the begining of every hour, based on the close of the previous bar. Really simple: if Red --> Short, if Green --> Long. Same size for all the trades and same amount of pips for stoploss and take profit.

I only want to trade between 7 and 4pm, therefore 10 trades in total per day.

So far so good, my problem comes when I have to put my stop and target pending orders in. Since I cannot use Managed Orders, (due to the fact that buy and sell positions come during the day, and I do not want to cancel all current positions when the direction is reversed).

Can someone help me how to sort out the stop loss and target pending orders for these trades? I will copy a part of the code, I know I am missing a lot of stuff.
    Code:
    if (ToTime(Time[0]) >= 70000 && ToTime(Time[0]) <= 160000)
                if (Close[1] <= Close[0])
    			if (Historical == false)
    			{
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, DefaultQuantity, 0, 0,"","Longpos");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Limit, DefaultQuantity, GetCurrentAsk() + (Target * TickSize), 0, "longpending", "LongTarget");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Stop, DefaultQuantity, GetCurrentAsk() - (StopLoss * TickSize), 0, "longpending", "LongStop");
    			}

// Condition set 2
                if (Close[1] > Close[0])
    			if (Historical == false)
                {
                    SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Market, DefaultQuantity, GetCurrentBid() - (Target * TickSize), GetCurrentBid() + (StopLoss * TickSize),"","Shortpos");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit,DefaultQuantity,  GetCurrentAsk() - (Target * TickSize), 0, "shortpending", "ShortTarget");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Stop, DefaultQuantity, GetCurrentAsk() + (StopLoss * TickSize), 0, "shortpending", "ShortStop");
    Basically, I would like to know how can I create a unique OCO ID for every new position, becuase I guess this way, it groups them together, and if one of these orders gets triggered then all the other pending orders are gonna be gone.

Thanks.
    Last edited by marklekeny; 04-08-2015, 05:25 AM.

Well it seems like I sorted out the problem now, I am just gonna share it here because someone might benefit from it.

Basically, I dig around a bit and decided to use
    Code:
    string orderIdshort = GetAtmStrategyUniqueId();
    string orderIdlong = GetAtmStrategyUniqueId()
    To create a random string after trade execution, and using these strings as the OCO ID.

Updated:
    Code:
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
            {
                // Condition set 1
                if (Close[1] <= Close[0])
    			if (Historical == false)
    			{
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, DefaultQuantity, 0, 0,"","Longpos");
    				string orderIdlong = GetAtmStrategyUniqueId();
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Limit, DefaultQuantity, GetCurrentBid() + (Target * TickSize), 0,orderIdlong, "LongTarget");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Stop, DefaultQuantity, 0, GetCurrentBid() - (StopLoss * TickSize), orderIdlong, "LongStop");
    			}

// Condition set 2
                if (Close[1] > Close[0])
    			if (Historical == false)
                {
                    SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Market, DefaultQuantity, 0, 0,"","Shortpos");
    				string orderIdshort = GetAtmStrategyUniqueId();
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit,DefaultQuantity,  GetCurrentAsk() - (Target * TickSize), 0, orderIdshort, "ShortTarget");
    				SubmitOrder (0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Stop, DefaultQuantity, 0, GetCurrentAsk() + (StopLoss * TickSize), orderIdshort, "ShortStop");
                }

}

Comment

Thank you for the update Marklekeny!

Glad everything is working for you
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by nicthe, Today, 07:38 AM
      2 responses