Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10

is NT 7 (and 8) expected to work without any issues when Windows 10 is released in July?

Never mind. I just found an answer in the NT 8 section. Thank you

Comment

Hello jg123,

To install NinjaTrader 7, .NET 3.5 is required and can be enabled from the Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn windows features on or off -> check the box for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) -> click OK.

While we do not anticipate issues with the Windows 10 operating system and NinjaTrader, we highly appreciate any feed back you have or any information about issues you experience while using NinjaTrader 7 or 8 with Windows 10.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which OS is officially support for NT7?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Please see the Minimum System Requirements section on our NinjaTrader 7 help guide for further information on supported operating systems:

Minimum System Requirements
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Stop the NT log jam in my computer.

I have a Windows question but need overall help with serious bottlenecks somewhere. I typically have 9 to 15 charts open with an assortment of indicators that I have purchased.

Building a new system (because NT is stuck in frozen mode most of the time). Currently using windows7 pro. Since i'm building out my pc wanted to know if it would be most beneficial to get windows 10 instead. There are several version of win 10.

Which One do I want?

Professional.
            Home.
            Full.
            and in 32 and 64 bit versions

For some reason 32 bit is more expensive. Anyway. which edition would be most benefitial to integrate with NT.

Also, here is some additional information on my upgrades.

Will the following upgrades stop the bottleneck?

From Q9550 quad core 2.83 GHz To 6 core 3.0 ghz 5820K (hope i don't need the 8 core 5960x but if i do i just get it...which is a $1000 processor).

From 6 gigs of ddr2 ram to 32 gigs of ddr4 3200 cas 14 ram

From gt 9800 nvidia (x2 sli) to gtx 1070

Win 7 to win 10.

Also, since im here does the speed of the storage unit affect NT performance much? I have an 256 gb ssd sata III curtial drive but if it would help I'd get the Samsung 950 Pro 256gb (m.2 ssd). This sucker is blazing blazing fast. like 10x faster than my current ssd.

Thanks in advance for your help at unclogging this serious bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by mhamrin View Post

Thanks in advance for your help at unclogging this serious bottleneck.
              What bottleneck are you having?

If you are pulling data down your internet might be the issue.

64 bit windows 10 will give you most memory access. 32bit is so yesterday.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The 64-bit version of Windows would allow you to use the 64-bit version of the software, which will allow NinjaTrader to use more of your PC's resources to it's advantage.

Beyond that, we can not make any recommendations to your trading method- including what hardware you should use.

I can outline that NinjaTrader 7 is a single-core application. This means that it can only use one of your PC's multiple cores (most computers now come standard with multi-core processors). In this case, fewer cores with a higher clock rate would be preferable. However, NinjaTrader 8 is a multi-core application, which means it can access more of your PC's cores.

Please see the following links, which are the minimum PC requirements for NinjaTrader 7 and 8. Please note that this is the minimum specifications required for NinjaTrader to function at all on your PC. Any workspace that would be built would require additional resources.

NinjaTrader 7: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

NinjaTrader 8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay,

I'm going with the 5820k then to be ready for NT8...which will be a while for me because i'm so ingrained in nt7

To get through nt7 i'll overclock my 5820 (with lots of cooling) till i switch .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view