Chart window has problem with "Always on Top" style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart window has problem with "Always on Top" style

Chart window can have style "Always on top". But it switching via properties does not work correctly. Here video that shows the problem

Also switching normal Chart window to "Always on top" with third party applications does not work as well. Such applications change the Chart window's extended style (adds WS_EX_TOPMOST flag). After setting this flag the Chart window starts glitching (the chart data disappears).
    But turning on the "Always on top" mode via context works well.
    So could you please change the logic of setting the "Always on top" mode?
    It would be great if you made some minor changes to application. For instance, to monitor the Chart window's extended styles via WM_STYLECHANGED, and on appropriate changes to call an existed function that is already assigned to context menu's "Always on top" button.

NinjaTrader 8 Beta, version 8.0.0.6
    Can be reproduced on Window 10 x64_86, version 10.0.10240 at least.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the report, however I was not able to play that video with that extension to see exactly what issue you were running into.

In general, due to the way the chart windows are currently implemented, we could not support changing the windows style to 'always on top' from a 3rd party app.

The only thing unsupported way I could suggest is using the WPF visual tree to enable/disable the 'Always on top' menu item from the context menu which should take care of all the under the hood behavior needed to achieve this style.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Here is previous video in suitable format

Comment

Thanks for re-uploading that video. I see what you mean now and have reported that to development. You can track this issue in our release notes using ID #9064

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          The exact behavior identified in this thread was reported in #9064 and fixed as of beta release 7... but there's also the zcode system pdf which may be a specific scenario you could be running into that may exhibit similar behavior.

The exact scenario resolved in that issue was

I carried out those steps this morning and did not see any issues. Let me know if there is something different you are doing which is causing issues and we can look into.
          Was this issue fixed? As I'm having this problem on my chart at the moment.
          Last edited by MoonFruit; 10-22-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

The exact behavior identified in this thread was reported in #9064 and fixed as of beta release 7... but there may be a specific scenario you could be running into that may exhibit similar behavior.

The exact scenario resolved in that issue was

• Open a new chart
            • Right click-> Properties-> check "Always on top" and press OK
            • Window should stay on top of all other programs and works as expected
            • Right click-> Properties-> uncheck "Always on top" and press OK
            • ---> Window is still on top of other windows.
            I carried out those steps this morning and did not see any issues. Let me know if there is something different you are doing which is causing issues and we can look into.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gbourque  
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes