FXCM Unknown Order Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Unknown Order Type

I get the following errors in the log when I connect to my FXCM account (see attachment)

These were submitted in FXCM marketscope and it seems Ninjatrader can't understand the Stop or Limit Exit orders. Furthermore, orders that were sumbitted in FXCM Marketscope that now filled and in a position - the exit orders don't show up in Ninjatrader Chart trader - probably for the same reason.

Also attached:

- FXCM Orders tab for the same account - note... the exit orders are lumped into the same line as the entry
    - Ninjatrader orders tab for the same account - not many listed
    - Multicharts orders tab for the same account - lots listed

Since FXCM lumps the exit orders into the same line its impossible to see the order number for the stop/limit exit orders in order to debug this issue. Therefore, I've attached my multicharts order window; which displays orders individually the same way as Ninjatrader, but is interpreting and displaying the order data correctly. I'm adding this so that you can see what orders NT is getting mixed up on. It looks like the exit orders to me - but I will leave it to you guys to match up the numbers from the error message.

If you need anything else let me know.
    Attached Files

Just placed another order in FXCM with Ninja and Multicharts open in the background. Its definitely the exit stop/limit thats not being picked up. I've attached the same set of screen shots for the new order which clearly show this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by reach4thelasers; 02-04-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Is Marketscope a module or window within FXCM Trading Station? I'd like to try to reproduce this issue with our FXCM account, if I can.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Sorry marketscope is their charting platform. It's accessible by a menu option - open chart. Or just right click the tile on the FX board and 'open chart'. I right clicked and close create simple order or something similar.

Comment

Were you able to reproduce this issue Dave?

Comment

I'm planning to dig into this one this afternoon, and I'll post back soon with any updates.

Update: I was not able to reproduce the issue today, but there are a few more things that I'd like to try. I'll be back with more info soon.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 02-09-2016, 05:06 PM.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes