chart disappears in nt8 and miscellaneous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart disappears in nt8 and miscellaneous

Hmm.. I was a beta tester for nt7. Seems like a long time ago.. I upgraded recently.. So, Whats with the empty shell of a window.. (see attached) This windoze dotnet stuff is getting old like slow as molasses java jvm stuff.. Probably time for me to move onto linux c++. Anyone knows good api for cpp on linux? Also any decent build on a new pc would be helpful.. My pc is going on in its 7th year now.. with its x58 chipset (asus rampage geneii 3gbps sata), quad core i7 920 2.66ghz, 9gb ddr3 1066hz and ssd. Was looking at dual xeon 8 core E5 2630 v3 to run both win10 pro and linux.. but laptop like lenovo p50 with xeon e3 1505m is another option with pci express nvme ssd. ecc ram vs regular ram etc.. anyone recently bought or build new rigs/laptops chime in please.

btw, chart reappears if I maximize it. Probably will disappear again after I minimize it..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tradejockey; 02-19-2016, 06:56 PM.

Ddr4(2400+) is slower than ddr3(1600/1866) in my testing in market replay only. I can't find any other reason.

Are your video drivers up to date? You might need a newer card.

I've only seen blank windows after sleep/hibernation.

Try putting your mouse in there and move the chart by grabbing it or the mouse wheel

Comment

well nvidia gtx260 should be fine.. It is after all a "gaming" video card once upon a time. ddr4 2133 is what the xeon I am looking at suggests it can use along with quadro gpu.. Also the e3 skylakes have fatter pipe I suppose upto 33% vs the i7 ones but lower clock.. which is okay considering you are going double the real cores.. add in dual cpu and things should get interesting. Question is use esxi on bare metal or use virtual box on top of host win 10 with guest as linux.. lot of considerations. I also plan on using linux for many other memory and processor heavy lifting tasks.. win 10 will be solely for nt8.

as far as ram speed is concerned, you have to check the limitations on mobo as well as the cpu.. more importantly the channels (triple dual etc) and paths to individual cores.. You cant have multi cores and have fewer lanes.. that will kill the speed.
      Last edited by tradejockey; 02-19-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

The library for C++ for Linux clients is mostly used is GCC, which comes with Linux.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Within the body, please reference Patrick Y as the support tech.

The following link is the minimum PC spec requirements for NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

Originally posted by tradejockey View Post
          Hmm.. I was a beta tester for nt7. Seems like a long time ago.. I upgraded recently.. So, Whats with the empty shell of a window.. (see attached) This windoze dotnet stuff is getting old like slow as molasses java jvm stuff.. Probably time for me to move onto linux c++. Anyone knows good api for cpp on linux? Also any decent build on a new pc would be helpful.. My pc is going on in its 7th year now.. with its x58 chipset (asus rampage geneii 3gbps sata), quad core i7 920 2.66ghz, 9gb ddr3 1066hz and ssd. Was looking at dual xeon 8 core E5 2630 v3 to run both win10 pro and linux.. but laptop like lenovo p50 with xeon e3 1505m is another option with pci express nvme ssd. ecc ram vs regular ram etc.. anyone recently bought or build new rigs/laptops chime in please.

btw, chart reappears if I maximize it. Probably will disappear again after I minimize it..
          Appear to be getting a similar issue to tradejockey with the chart border visible but the chart space 100% transparent. If you right click where the chart would be you get the normal Ninja menu. Double clicking to maximize the chart temporarily fixes the problem but if you then minimize followed by maximising by using the chart "button" on the windows taskbar the problem returns. I have checked and changed video drivers to no avail. I have twin graphics cards (GT 640) with mutiple monitors and the problem only occurs on one monitor which is a slightly different model to the others. I have not yet tried that monitor on the other card. I will be updating all my monitors in the next week which may result in all new drivers having to be loaded so I will see if the problem remains. I am running an i7 with 16G ram and an SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Beta 8.0.0.10 64 Bit Multi Broker

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

To enable us to investigate further, could you let me know whether you are using any multiple desktop software (including the virtual desktop software built into Windows 10), and any serial numbers on the monitor you said was different from the others? Thanks for any additional information you can provide.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
              Hello FMTrader,

To enable us to investigate further, could you let me know whether you are using any multiple desktop software (including the virtual desktop software built into Windows 10), and any serial numbers on the monitor you said was different from the others? Thanks for any additional information you can provide.
              Hello Jessica
              I have been running three ACER AL2423W monitors and one ACER AL2416W monitor using two dual DVI graphics cards. These are all 1920 x 1200 resolution 24" monitors. They are all many years old and have been progressively failing hence my decision to shortly replace them all. The AL2416W normally uses a different driver to the AL2423Ws but does seem to work just as well with the default PNP driver used for the other monitors.
              The NT 8 issue so far has only occurred on the AL2416W monitor and has occurred no matter what driver I use. I can confirm that the problem occurs with the windows 10 multiple taskbar option both enabled and disabled.I can also confirm that the problem occurs with a third party Display Fusion software both fully enabled and disabled. I have setup each monitor to be separate. My new monitors will arrive in a few days and at that point I will be able to confirm whether the problem remains and if so is it associated only with one particular graphics card DVI port out of the total four. I have seen this issue on the last 2 or 3 beta releases. The problem is consistently reproducible. I have also noticed in the past months on several occasions that when you maximize the chart display on the three non primary monitors the boundaries either overlap or are hidden by the windows 10 multi monitor taskbar by roughly 30% of its thickness. This makes it quite difficult to select the chart tab. At the moment with two failed monitors I cannot confirm this!

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
                Appear to be getting a similar issue to tradejockey with the chart border visible but the chart space 100% transparent. If you right click where the chart would be you get the normal Ninja menu. Double clicking to maximize the chart temporarily fixes the problem but if you then minimize followed by maximising by using the chart "button" on the windows taskbar the problem returns. r

If you click in the window, and move the mouse wheel - do you get the chart?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  If you click in the window, and move the mouse wheel - do you get the chart?

Simple answer is no.

Comment

Simple answer is no.
                    Dang...

I only get this missing chart when using "hibernate/sleep".. and the chart does come back without my complaint on refresh by activating it...

And 30% off does sound a little more than a monitor adjustment could compensate for ...

Comment

Hello Jessica
                      I have been running three ACER AL2423W monitors and one ACER AL2416W monitor using two dual DVI graphics cards. These are all 1920 x 1200 resolution 24" monitors. They are all many years old and have been progressively failing hence my decision to shortly replace them all. The AL2416W normally uses a different driver to the AL2423Ws but does seem to work just as well with the default PNP driver used for the other monitors.
                      The NT 8 issue so far has only occurred on the AL2416W monitor and has occurred no matter what driver I use. I can confirm that the problem occurs with the windows 10 multiple taskbar option both enabled and disabled.I can also confirm that the problem occurs with a third party Display Fusion software both fully enabled and disabled. I have setup each monitor to be separate. My new monitors will arrive in a few days and at that point I will be able to confirm whether the problem remains and if so is it associated only with one particular graphics card DVI port out of the total four. I have seen this issue on the last 2 or 3 beta releases. The problem is consistently reproducible. I have also noticed in the past months on several occasions that when you maximize the chart display on the three non primary monitors the boundaries either overlap or are hidden by the windows 10 multi monitor taskbar by roughly 30% of its thickness. This makes it quite difficult to select the chart tab. At the moment with two failed monitors I cannot confirm this!
                      UPDATE
                      Fortunately my new monitors have arrived and I have just set all five of them up! Two each on each graphics card and one running off the internal Intel graphics.
                      They are all Dell U2412M monitors at 1920 x 1200 resolution.

I can confirm that the original blank chart problem consistently occurs on three of the five monitors!

Summary is as follows:
                      Graphics Card 1 DVI Output No 1 - No problem
                      Graphics Card 1 DVI Output No 2 - Problem
                      Graphics Card 2 DVI Output No 1 - No problem
                      Graphics Card 2 DVI Output No 2 - Problem
                      Intel Graphics HD 400 - Problem

I have also confirmed that NT 7 does not exhibit this issue.

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Thank you, we have enough information now to investigate this further. Thank you for helping NinjaTrader 8 be the best product it can be.

Comment

Hello all,

In order to aid in our investigation, I would like to ask, are any of you using any third party software for multiple desktops?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                            Hello all,

In order to aid in our investigation, I would like to ask, are any of you using any third party software for multiple desktops?
                            I have experienced the problem both with and without display fusion software enabled. If I simply use the standard Windows 10 options for multi monitor taskbars I also get the problem. If I simply run a single taskbar on just one of my five monitors I still experience the problem.
                            My conclusion was that the cause of the "see through" chart space was not related to multi desktop software

Comment

Further Issues With Multiple Monitors

I have experienced the problem both with and without display fusion software enabled. If I simply use the standard Windows 10 options for multi monitor taskbars I also get the problem. If I simply run a single taskbar on just one of my five monitors I still experience the problem.
                              My conclusion was that the cause of the "see through" chart space was not related to multi desktop software
                              In addition to the "see through" chart issue there is definitely a problem with maximizing charts on the non primary monitors when using the standard windows option to "show taskbar on all displays" When you maximize a chart it doesn't seem to recognise that the taskbar is there and hence uses the full screen resolution (1920 x 1200 in my case) and overwrites the taskbar, The only monitor where this doesn't happen is the primary monitor; all of my other 4 monitors have the problem. Turning off the standard windows multi taskbar option and using display fusion results in a similar problem except that in this case the taskbars overwrite the chart such that you can't access the chart tabs properly

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade  
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101