Global Crosshair in RC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Crosshair in RC2

It is late, so I may not really be seeing what I think I am seeing, but just in case.....
    I have a 30 second chart and a 5 second chart both for the same number of lookback days. I activate Global crosshair on both charts, then I start scrolling thru the 30 second chart with the cross hair. Everything is fine until the crosshair hits the 'edge' of the 5 second chart...(the one I am NOT actively on but have Global activated)...at which point that chart just sits. The Global Crossharr "x box" (little t box at the bottom of the crosshair) sits at the edge of the 5 second chart and dutifully scrolls thru times matching what I do on the primary (30 second) chart, but the 5 second chart itself never moves
    When I go back to the 5 second chart and "click" to activate it as primary, now my Global Crosshairs are on different prices. It is so weird that I am not sure I am seeing it correctly.
    Last edited by photog53; 10-07-2016, 08:03 PM.

I am seeing it again....same general thing.
    NT8 (RC2) running on a Windows10 test box....

Two 30 second charts, activate Global CrossHair on both charts, everything works until I scroll the primary chart to another time period not encompassed on the other chart. The Global Crosshar 'datetime' box in both charts dutifully reflects the movement but the secondary chart doesn't budge....no change in the candles.

Comment

Originally posted by photog53 View Post
      I am seeing it again....same general thing.
      NT8 (RC2) running on a Windows10 test box....

Two 30 second charts, activate Global CrossHair on both charts, everything works until I scroll the primary chart to another time period not encompassed on the other chart. The Global Crosshar 'datetime' box in both charts dutifully reflects the movement but the secondary chart doesn't budge....no change in the candles.
      Multiple other users have reported this also after your initial post.

The time becomes further off with more space to the right.

Here is an image:

Comment

Sledge,
        Yep...that's it.
        ...(I don't want to sound like I wish more work for the Ninja guys, but I am glad I wasn't just seeing things )

Comment

This maybe a result of "performance optimizations".

Comment

Thanks for reporting. We will look to reproduce and get back. Could be related to performance optimizations we recently took a pass at.

Comment

NT8 RC2 introduced the same problem here with Global Crosshair. With Global Crosshair applied to multiple charts, only the active chart scrolls back and forward in time beyond the original visible chart area. When scrolling on the active chart, upon the crosshair reaching the edge of the visible area on inactive charts, the crosshair stops at that bar and the time value box at the bottom of the crosshair continues to change time in synch with the active chart, but the inactive charts do not scroll back or forward in time beyond the original visible chart area.

Looks like the only fix is a roll back to RC1?

Comment

This was a bug introduced as we implemented performance improvements, which will be resolved in the next release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Handclap0241