X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Weird FXCM Behavior

I am running NT8 8.0.3.1 on a win 10 Pro PC

I have weekly, daily and 4 hourly charts set up on three different charts

On the weekly chart there are 15 different FX pairs loaded on individual chart tabs.
    The same tab layout is repeated on the daily and 4 hourly charts.

The 4 hour and daily charts have the same indicators.

If I set up the FXCM connection to pull historical data from NinjaTrader's server all the charts work as expected with the exception of some blanks in the historical data which has been mentioned in other forum postings. All charts update live.

If I set up the FXCM connection to only pull historical data from FXCM's server I get a very strange issue where the 4 hour and weekly charts update in real time as expected but 13 of the 15 daily charts do not update! I can see the data coming in on the chart trader panel but the charts do not update. I can reload daily historical data but the 13 daily charts still all refuse to update live. If I modify the FXCM connection settings to once again pull historical data from NinjaTrader and don't change anything else all 15 daily charts update properly again.

I have been able to reproduce this issue on three different FXCM accounts. I have shut down NT8 and restarted but the problem remains. I have quickly looked at the log and trace files and can't see any obvious issues.

With both connection setups described above the live data should be coming from FXCM and only the historical data should be coming from a different source.

If someone can explain why 13 out of 15 daily charts fail to live update when historical data is pulled from the FXCM server but are OK when the historical data comes from NinjaTrader I will be truly impressed! Particularly so when the weekly and 4 hourly charts are all ok.

All of the daily charts were cloned using the same template and have today's date selected in "data series"

Some further information to the posting below.

All indicators used are standard NT8. No custom indicators loaded on these charts.

I just shut down NT8 and restarted and this time none of the 15 daily charts update!

I then created a new workspace with one EURUSD chart loaded with no indicators! This was the only workspace open.

I then setup the FXCM connection to pull historical data from FXCM and once again found the daily chart will not update. All other timeframes including weekly, monthly, minutes, ticks etc do update live.

What is going on here?
    Last edited by FMtrader; 01-17-2017, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1645035' in the subject header and make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello FMTrader,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1645035' in the subject header and make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled.
        Hi Jason

Do you want me to send a number of the log and trace files manually as I have had at least four restarts over the past few hours as well as a crash on restart. I am not sure which file will best show the problem so I could attach them all

Comment

Sending the log and trace files from within the NinjaTrader platform will send me all your log and trace files. No need to send me the files manually.

Let me know if this will not work for you.

Comment

Sending the log and trace files from within the NinjaTrader platform will send me all your log and trace files. No need to send me the files manually.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
            Currently I cannot even start NT8. I have just had 6 or 7 consecutive crashes when attempting to startup. I got fed up with all the ongoing FX issues so attempted to load and work instead on my futures workspace at which point more crashes began. I also appear to have lost some of the licensing for my purchased indicators. I still don't understand why something can work for weeks then become unusable.
            I may have to do an uninstall and reinstall to get things working again.

I am attempting to remain positive regarding NT8 but these ongoing major issues after conscientiously working through all 12 betas and 4 commercial releases are testing my patience to the limit.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, 1645035' in the subject header and include a link to this forum thread.

Windows start menu-->Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> log

Windows start menu-->Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> trace

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, 1645035' in the subject header and include a link to this forum thread.

Windows start menu-->Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> log

Windows start menu-->Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> trace
                Email sent!

Comment

For those of you following this thread I have attached a section of NinjaTrader's email response to me below.

"I am able to reproduce the issue with daily charts on my end. They do not receive realtime data when using FXCM historical data servers. If I enable 'NinjaTrader historical data server' in the FXCM connection settings and re-connect, I receive realtime data again in daily charts. I have forwarded the issue to development. Thank you for reporting."

Basically this means that daily charts do not live update if you use FXCM servers for both realtime and historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                  2 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post BarzTrading  
                  Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH