Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8.0.4.0 Strategy Analyzer Bugs: Tabs have no name, and are not saved in workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.4.0 Strategy Analyzer Bugs: Tabs have no name, and are not saved in workspace

Hi, I've just installed NT 8.0.4.0

At first launch I've lost all my previous saved Strategy Analyzer tabs.

After some tests I've seen some errors:

1) the Strategy Analyzer tabs have no name, in 8.0.2 and prior versions they were named "Analyzer XX" being XX an incremental figure. If I click on rename and try to set a name from the combo box, an error arises: "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

2) If I open up N tabs (every tab is opened with an empty name), and save my workspace, they are not really saved at all. After closing NT8 and relaunching there isn't any tab opened there, nothing, NIL.

Regards

Hello drecio,

Thank you for your post,

Sorry to hear this occurred, I tested what you are experiencing on my end and I am not seeing the same behavior.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Log--> log.20170201.xxxxx for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Trace--> trace.20170201.xxxxx for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date).
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I've sent the email

In short:
      upgraded to 8.0.4 from 8.0.2
      1 the strategy analyzer tabs are no longer saved in workspace
      2 the strategy analyzer tab names are empty
      3 renaming a tab for example using the @function triggers the error msg "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Regards

Comment

Hi everyone. FYI I've been asked to delete the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder and start in safe mode by clicking CTRL+NT8 icon. But that did not solve the problem

This did: I deleted the UI.xml file, and by doing so after restarting NT the below errors are gone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bill2023  
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ryjoga