CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miroslav View Post
    Hello, I am new here but dealing with woodies CCI for about 3 years.

I have question if somebody have projector for cci forecastor which will show possible entry values (price, and CCI difference and indication if trade will be on top or botom of the bar). This feature was avaiable for NT 6.5 under desertsoft software but it is not supporting NT7 any more.

thank you
    miroslav,

Search for the CCI Panel here and BMT. Snaphook's indicator.

Comment

thank you for your feedback. i have cci panel but version v7 is not working. i for script error. meanwhile i was not able to find it anymore. but cxi panel is not showing possible entry based on range bars. i see only last hights and lows. this NMT is for what?

Comment

BigMikesTrading.com. There are a couple of versions in the download area for the panel. I have it and it works for NT7.

Also, if you any C# experience at all, you can modify a couple of lines in the code with minimum effort to do what you want.

Comment

hello I checked download are according to user and i did not find anything for BMT Snaphook

Comment

ok. sorry I misunderstood your post. I checked it and found some but since I have not elite access I can not download anything.

Comment

change of the colors in ccipanel

hello, does anybody know how I can change colors in cci panel and add possible bar close of the current bar (range settings)? I have difficulties to see it because of yellow color for last bar close and possible CCI difference since it is light green?

where is save code for ccipanel (I did not find indicator for woodiescci where ccipanel is part of it it seems)

Thank you

Comment

hello,

ze

Originally posted by zizzy47 View Post
                steveg, I would be interested too. The range bars plus trend and trend changing patterns aren't working as well in the current volatile markets. It's the markets and definitely no disrespect to snaphook whose indicators are awesome.

Comment

hello

yes woodie moved to diffie charts. but still range bars can be used but bigger effords must be used to filter noise. i use buffer range and it still looks ok. you
                  if you want renko than you can use it as confirmartion chart. than can still use that awesome forecastor.

Originally posted by zizzy47 View Post
                  ste veg, I would be interested too. The range bars plus trend and trend changing patterns aren't working as well in the current volatile markets. It's the markets and definitely no disrespect to snaphook whose indicators are awesome.

Comment

CCI 4 Range Bars

Snaphook,

I was using your great indicator called CCI 4 Rangebars, that predicts the movements of the cci, very good.
                    But now, I'm working with the Median Renko Bars, that is a custom bar, and the cci 4 range bars doesn't work on it.

I tried to do something myself on the indicator progam and I could make it work with Renko Bars, that is a native bar of NT, changing the 'PeriodType.Range' in line 68 of the program for 'PeriodType.Renko'. It worked perfectly

But Median Renko, as a external kind of bars, is not in the 'little list' of bars.

Please, could you help me if possible?

I would be very very appreciate!

Median Renko Bars is in the custom indicators folder on NT.

Anyway, thank you for your great work!

Comment

CCI4RenkoBars

Try this. Should work for most any Renko, such as Median, Wicked, SbS and Better.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Perfect!

Thank you Mr. Snaphook, all the best!

Comment

Problem with Tick Charts

Snaphook, thanks for this wonderful indicator.

I have tried using the latest updated version on NON-Range charts and had some success with minutes based charts. (1m & 3m etc). The pattern signals show up just fine as expected.

However when I tried with tick charts, although I get to see the congestion areas mapped out with the yellow background color, I don't see any of the pattern signals anymore. No Vegas, No Ghost etc.

I am doing something wrong ? Is there some separate setting for tick charts that I need to enable ? If not, is there some code change I can make that will allow for tick charts ?

Please help. Thanks again for the great work you have done for the rest of us.

Comment

Hi, the yellow mapped area is considered as a sideways market. Based on the woodies rules there should not be any trade taken. The reason why you do not see patterns inside that area is reason you ticked "false" in the indicator section sound and display. "sideways mkt. shows pattern?". Change is to true and you should see patterns. Btw. only Famir is pattern which can be traded in sideways markets. It is up to you.

You can also play with sideways market setting. Default value is 4 crosses of zero line.

And I absolutely aggree this script is awesome work from snaphook.

Originally posted by Webby View Post
                            Snaphook, thanks for this wonderful indicator.

I have tried using the latest updated version on NON-Range charts and had some success with minutes based charts. (1m & 3m etc). The pattern signals show up just fine as expected.

However when I tried with tick charts, although I get to see the congestion areas mapped out with the yellow background color, I don't see any of the pattern signals anymore. No Vegas, No Ghost etc.

I am doing something wrong ? Is there some separate setting for tick charts that I need to enable ? If not, is there some code change I can make that will allow for tick charts ?

Please help. Thanks again for the great work you have done for the rest of us.

Comment

CCI Triple lines

Highest Probability Entry/Exit Signals On Any Time Frame.(fractal) 96% Success Rate!
                              Last edited by DesireeRSI; 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Problem with Tick Charts

Miroslav, thanks for your guidance.

My key problem though is that I am NOT seeing signals for ticks charts anywhere, inside or outside the congestion areas. That is why I suspect I may be forgetting a setting for tick charts.

Hope you can help further. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post usazencort  
                                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                                5 responses