NinjaTrader Connection Guide for FOREX.com/City Index
Please note that connectivity is only available through NinjaTrader 8
- NinjaTrader 18.104.22.168 or later
- A valid account at FOREX.com/City Index
- Account logon credentials
Connection Configuration Instructions
- NinjaTrader 8 must be installed
- Start NinjaTrader 8
- From the Control Center window, select the menu "Connections” > “configure”
- Select "FOREX.com" from the list of “Available” connections and then press the “add” text from the “Configured” section below
- The Connection “Properties” section will be made available on the right side
- Enter your FOREX.com/City Index credentials as per the image below:
- Connection name: Create a name to identify your connection
- Connect on start up: Enable if you want NinjaTrader to automatically establish a connection on start up
- User name: Enter your FOREX.com/City Index account user name
- Password: Enter your FOREX.com/City Index account password
- Ask password on connect: Enable to require manually entering the password when connecting (Password field above will be disabled)
- G2 Account: Check this if you have opened an account after 4/06/2018
- NinjaTrader historical data server: By default left unchecked to use FOREX.com / City Index historical data servers
- Press OK
To connect to your account, go to the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu "Connections" and then select your account “Connection name” you configured during step 6.
Once connected, you will see your connection highlighted in the connections menu per provider. There is also an aggregated connection status in the bottom left hand corner of the Control Center. For more information please see the "Connection Status" section of the help guide.
- Chart data is driven by the current bid price.
- Any external order or position on an instrument not defined in NinjaTrader is not supported and will not be displayed. A warning message will be shown in the log to notify you if this occurs.
- Any submitted market orders or executions resulting from market orders will not be displayed after disconnect/reconnect, as the API does not support downloading market order history.
- A market data subscription from FOREX.com is required in order to submit a live order.
- Spread bet and CFD's based on future contracts are not supported.
- Order type will be inferred by the system based on price the order is submitted.