NinjaTrader Connection Guide for Oanda
Please note that Oanda connectivity is only available through NinjaTrader 8
- NinjaTrader 22.214.171.124 or later
- Logon credentials provided by Oanda
Connection Configuration Instructions
- NinjaTrader 8 must be installed
- Start NinjaTrader 8
- From the Control Center window, select the menu "Connections” > “configure”
- Select "NinjaTrader Continuum" from the list of “Available” connections > press the “add” text from the “Configured” section below
- The Connection “Properties” section will be made available on the right side
- Enter your Oanda credentials as per the image below:
- Connection name: Create a name to identify your connection
- Connect on start up: Enable if you want NinjaTrader to automatically establish a connection on start up
- User name: Enter your Oanda account user name
- Password: Enter your Oanda account password
- Include FX: This must be checked for Oanda accounts
- Demo: If the account is a funded trading account, disable the "Demo" checkbox. Otherwise, for free trials and demos, leave the “Demo” option enabled.
- Local OCO simulation: Enables NinjaTrader to handle OCO (one cancels other order handling) on your local PC. DO NOT enable this unless otherwise instructed by a technical support representative
- Press OK
To connect to your account, go to the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu "Connections" and then select your account “Connection name” you configured during step 6.
Once connected, you will see your connection highlighted in the connections menu per provider. There is also an aggregated connection status in the bottom left hand corner of the Control Center. For more information please see the "Connection Status" section of the help guide.
- When cancelling orders, working orders within an OCO group will only be cancelled if any order of the group is cancelled directly within NinjaTrader. In all other scenarios these working orders will remain working.
- An OCO group that has an order rejected will not cancel any remaining working orders in the group. Any pending orders will not be submitted and instead rejected.
- There will be an approximate 200ms delay between submission of OCO linked orders.
- The time in force of ‘GTC’ (Good till cancelled) is not supported on Oanda accounts. Use ‘GTD’ (Good till date) orders instead.
- Oanda accounts can only have access enabled for NinjaTrader or Oanda's FXTrade platform. Accessing an account from both is not supported.