NinjaTrader 8 Installation Guide
Minimum PC Requirements
Your PC must meet the minimum requirements listed below to run NinjaTrader 8
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 w/ Platform Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later*
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s and can be downloaded here: Microsoft .NET Framework)
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- DirectX10 compatible graphics card highly recommended
*Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 on January 14, 2020. We recommend upgrading your operating system in advance to avoid disruption.
Recommended PC Specifications
NinjaTrader 8 was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader, you may need more or less resources than the average user. Additional memory will be of direct benefit when running strategy optimizations, and the amount of additional memory needed is proportional to the number of CPU cores available.
- 2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor
- 8 GB RAM
- DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
- SSD Hard Drive
- If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed on your PC please download and install it from here.
- Download and install NinjaTrader.
- Firewall Software – NinjaTrader contacts our license server on application start up for license key validation. If you have a firewall, spyware or other such software running on your PC, please ensure that you grant NinjaTrader permission to access the internet or you may receive an invalid or license expired message.
- Platform Activation for Live Trading – If you registered to use the free simulation version you can skip this step.
- A license key to activate live trading is sent via email within minutes from the time you complete your purchase (check your junk/spam folder if you have not received it)
- Start NinjaTrader, select the menu Help > License Key within the Control Center and enter your license key
- Once the installation is complete, please review the appropriate Connection Guide to establish a connection to your broker or market data feed service provider